First Track Day! 9/25/2002

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: First Track Day! 9/25/2002
By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:49 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Well, I did it. Got to take my Falco around the Streets of Willow. Had a blast, and most importantly, didn't crash!
Trackday 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:54 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

More fun 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:56 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Still more fun 

By Befbever on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 10:00 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Looks cool, really nice colour that bike is, Phil.
So did you get your leg over knee down? Or the pegs? 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 11:50 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

No, my knee pucks are VIRGIN. Dragged my foot a couple times. I'll tell you what, it's really funny when you go flying by someone who has their knee on the deck! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 12:02 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

....not when youre on the grass!!

Looks like good fun in the sun, RacerX 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 03:17 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Leave it to Crmc33 to take me literally! LOL! 

By Scotty on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 02:05 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Good pics!

Hey looks like a good track surface NOT! The surface looks to be bad at that corner, what condition was the rest of the track in?

The surface in the pic looks similar to some of the roads I have to ride on in London except that the track is obviously a lot better cos you don't have the pot holes and manhole covers (metal sewer access holes) to cope with as well.  

By Fullstate on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Glad you enjoyed your track day! Don't worry if you get your knee down or not. Some people will hang off the bike just to scuff their pucks when they clearly don't need to. I've seen quite a few "wannabees" get passed by a person without their knee down in the corners. Hanging of the bike and dragging your knee just to do it doesn't make you any faster....even though it might look cool.

Fullstate 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks!

Yeah, the surface is well, uh, it sucks. The track is used by "saloon cars" as you jicky bastards would say! LOL!

You may recognize the track from car commercials, its proximity to Hollyweird means it's used quite often. The shot with the torn up track is definitely the worst spot on the track... 

By Dave on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 01:31 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Top Man!

So what were you doing more of - grinnin or clenshin  

By Myapriliarsv on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 02:36 pm:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Racer

Ummm, come on man you were down low enough...throw that damn knee out there

Sweet pics.

I have done 6 tracks days this summer and one more on the 13th...I can honestly say my street days are becoming far and few between since I started on the track.

Text description

Text description

Text description 

By Myapriliarsv on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 02:40 pm:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

ughhhhhh

Text description

Text description

Text description 

By Befbever on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 04:45 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Tree! Tree!
Sorry if you yanks don't get this one - Harry Enfield joke.

Jim, I think you can't post Mille pics on this Falco site. I've heard the software won't allow it.  

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 05:32 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 01:09 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LMAO!

As for grinning or clenching...mostly grinning.

I did have one arse clenching moment when I botched a downshift in the entry to a fourth gear turn...slid the back wheel out, launched over the curbing, came down to earth exactly on line, completed my downchange and hammered the throttle...[insert pee wee herman voice] Yeah, I meant to do that! 

By Myapriliarsv on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 02:38 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Text description 

By Myapriliarsv on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 02:40 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Text description 

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 07:21 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Dude, you RULE! 

By Myapriliarsv on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 07:42 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Dude
I knew you were smart the second we met at Laguna....however dont forget I am about 80lbs bigger than you and I will kick your arse...lol 

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:00 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LOL! Yeah, but you have to drag those extra 80 lbs around to catch me first! ;) 

By Myapriliarsv on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 11:08 am:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Not a worry Brad...I have a Mille R, you are on the Mille's tiny brother, the Falco....

Let the flames begin 

By Dave on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 12:00 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

TINY! Seems to me the 'maturity' and 'superiority' of the two bikes relative to each other determins which is the 'bigger' sibling of the two, but then again people are fooled by tacky graphics and gimmicks...

mind you the RSV came out 1st so possibly us Falconeers should be magnanimous and allow the RSV the title, if only to avoid breaking fragile egos

hehe

btw if I get Jorge's full system and do some head-work can I call mind an 'R'  

By Myapriliarsv on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 02:20 pm:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

Come on Bef....I am waiting for the bashing 

By Kbomonfalco on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 03:08 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

Jim,
You are obviously compensating for something. Please let us know if we can help you out. I believe they have corrective surgery for that type of thing.

Kevin 

By Befbever on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:58 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You don't need me for any bashing, Jim. You've been dealt with quite nicely I noticed.

I have, I have, we know what you have. It's what you can do with it that counts. Or so my wife keeps telling me.

I'm beginning to think it's about time for a shoot-out. I pick the track (Mugello sounds nice).You and Jorge are hereby invited - you can put as many R's on your bike as you like, is that okay?

Dave, why would you want to call your bike an R? Oh, is it because of all the Mille R parts you bolted on?
Fair's fair: Dave's got one of the most beautiful Falco's I've ever come accross. OZ wheels, Mille swing arm, Renegade underseats, and above all it's RRRRRRRRRRRR-RED!

Sorry Trev

By Dave on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 05:01 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

And I aint finished yet (fools and thier money)...  

By Mental_Trev on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 10:31 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Quote:

Sorry Trev

Why? When you're as fast as me & mine, no-one sees the colour anyway!

Anyone fancy a lamb kebab?!  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 08:42 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LOL! "Cuz you gotta have friends...la la la la !!!!!!"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation