Akraprovic pipes

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Akraprovic pipes
By Silversurfer on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 01:21 am:  View Silversurfer's Profile Search for other posts by Silversurfer Edit this post

thinking about getting some slip on cans for the silver one, has anyone fitted Akraprovic ?,  

By Befbever on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 01:34 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Has anyone? 

By Thedane on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 03:12 am:  View Thedane's Profile Search for other posts by Thedane Edit this post

I have ordered the Akrapovic Titanium Slip On's. They will arrive in few weeks time. I choose the Akra's due to their reputation for making high quality products with good sound without beeing VERY loud. They should be < 100 dB.
They come without chip, but I will probably get the RSC og FP chip. Its all part of an insurance repair, so I'm not paying for any of it
and neither is my insurance company... some guy hit me from behind while I was at red light.

I will let you know how they work and sound... if I get them before putting the bike away for the winter.

/Anders
red '00 Falco 

By Hansie on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:04 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

I think youre the first with Akra's here , we are very intrested in a dyno. Does the biggest name has the most power?
I do like the looks of the Akra's , something to do with the fantastic SBK race this weekend?

Hansie  

By Befbever on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:39 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hansie!

You organizing a shoot-out then Hansie?

By Silversurfer on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 01:07 pm:  View Silversurfer's Profile Search for other posts by Silversurfer Edit this post

dane , post a photo once you've fitted them , the akra website only shows a carbon installation, I think I would go for titanium ones,  

By Andyjfalco on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 01:30 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Hey Dane, I had the same accident last year. Didn't hurt much and paid for a shock/pipes/chip and a new set of tyres
I love it when someone else pays for the extras.  

By Thedane on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 12:09 am:  View Thedane's Profile Search for other posts by Thedane Edit this post

You're right ! The best way to get new parts with only a little pain.
In Denmark the stock pipes cost app. 900 USD EACH , that leaves plenty of room for Akra and chip.

I'll post pics and comments as soon as they are fitted. 

By Eshauver on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 08:42 pm:  View Eshauver's Profile Search for other posts by Eshauver Edit this post

Check out this link on esportbike:

2K2 Falco with Carbon Akra's

They have a very deep sound, but quite loud. A few friends at work joke that the idle now sounds like a helicopter from a distance. I'm checking into getting some dB eaters from a seller in Germany for street use... they attract a bit more attention than the "Stealth" stock lawn mower cans  

By Befbever on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 07:40 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hi Eshauver,

they do look the bee's knees, but at almost $1000 and no chip?
No thank you very much. I had my Renegade slipons + Eprom + airkit for that price. There's no way Akra will beat that performance. I know it's comparing apples with pears (Akra without chip and without airkit) but there you go.
Report is here and a dyno with a better setup is here

And yes, I hate rivets. On an exhaust anyway.

Just my humple opinion!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation