Help no brake lights!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Help no brake lights!
By Scotty on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 02:57 pm:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

I've known for a while about the front brake light switch cable being broken but tonight I noticed that the rear brake is no longer operating the brake lights either. DAMM

Can anyone give me any help regarding the rear switch, anyone else had any problems?
I am convinced its something to do with the switch since both rear brake light filaments don't light.
Other filaments work fine for the rear lights.

Also Bef you got any tips about replacing the front switch at all? It would seem that I need one of these definately.  

By Befbever on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 05:56 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Scotty,
I haven't had any problems with the rear brake switch so can't help you there. It could just be sticking, try some WD40 first.

The front switch is easy to replace. I think it's just a case of pulling it out. I did however make sure that neither the brake switch or the clutch switch cables are hindered in any way. That is what causes the wires to break you know.
I also applied silicone in an atttempt to prevent further problems.

I had a picture of the siliconed cable but it never showed up on Daz's site. Sorry.

I'll send you an e-mail regarding replacement parts. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation