Rhencullen b/pan and Gilles rearsets

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Rhencullen b/pan and Gilles rearsets
By Ronnie on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:59 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Hi all
a few comments for you all.
Tried a set of Gilles rearsets recently,no advantage over stock (even in looks) as they did not give me more adjustment-I wanted a shorter gear lever and higher pegs.
No rear brake spring supplied.To mount the rear master cylinder would require longer hoses.
Nice workmanship,but no benefit to me.Trying to get a refund!Ended up taking half an inch of original gear lever,perfect now!

Rhencullen b/pan (painted) looks good but fouls front downpipe and exhaust assembly.Will have to cut section out of the pan to clear the pipework.
Requires a fair bit of force to get the screws in place and keep it sitting right.
Frame lug needs to be drilled and tapped to fit bracket.

Any feedback from you all?

Ta
Ronnie  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation