Efi codes

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Efi codes
By Pbeachcruzer on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 03:22 pm:  View Pbeachcruzer's Profile Search for other posts by Pbeachcruzer Edit this post

got a problem i need help with. my display started flashing efi. owners manual said to take it to a dealer. took it in and it sat for almost 3 weeks. i finally got tired of waiting and picked it up. now im trying to take care of it myself. any ideas on where i can find the diagnostic codes and what they mean?  

By Sffalco on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 05:50 pm:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

http://home.worldonline.dk/nimskov/Mille_tech_training_course.pdf

This pdf I found has some efi data...dont know if this will help. I could have sworn that there is a tech manual in pdf format somewhere on one of the aprilia owners site...good luck 

By Crmc33 on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:52 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Just a thort but have you tried spraying the air sensor in the right-hand-side air intake with WD40 or damp start?  

By Scotty on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 04:52 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Had the bike been washed or ridden in rain prior to when you got the flashing EFI warning?

If so then I wouldn't worry cause they all do that as Mr CRMC33 says its that air sensor getting damp/wet that causes the EFI warning.

Mine has done it on a number of occations over the last 16 or so months of ownership if the sensor has been exposed to any water.  

By Scotteq on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 08:15 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

Here's a list of the Fault codes:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/techtips/1000/faultcodes.htm

If you are getting a -1, 0, or 1 that simply means that your throttle position sensor is loose, properly adjusted, or tight, respectively.

I agree with Scotty - If the EFI warning only comes out after washing, look at the wiring harness to see what may have gotten wet. Maybe spray it down with a little sealant or hit the offending connector with a shot of waterproof lube.

Scott :)  

By Splyn on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 08:38 am:  View Splyn's Profile Search for other posts by Splyn Edit this post

i have noticed that a wet air sensor can be temporarily solved by removing the clutch safety switch from its mount by the clutch lever. the bike then starts acting normal. once the senso has dired, the switch an be placed back in its mount.  

By Befbever on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 10:08 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Hey Splyn, never heard that one before!

What does a clutch switch have to do with an air sensor? Is it an Italian thing again? Has Luigi (the one with the hammer for the exhaust dent) got some wires crossed?  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:26 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

apparently if you remove the airbox, the rev counter speeds up too 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation