Bitubo shock FXT-11 installed on Falco

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Bitubo shock FXT-11 installed on Falco
By Sffalco on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 01:56 pm:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

Hey people, this is my first time starting a post. I have a 00.5 black (the fastest color) falco and have just fitted a new bitubo shock, part number a0036FXT11. It is for the falco and is not on the website. I purchased it at Scuderia West in San Francisco Ca. For $699.00US I saw it up on the wall and was told "we just got that thing in dude.." [insert california accent] and impuslively bought it. It is a beautiful shock nicely made and lots of nice beefy aluminum parts with nice finishes and a red spring. I had it installed due to my lack of garage and tools and jacks. Here are the numbers: length adjustment 320.5mm, spring length 180mm, rebound set to 6 and compression set to 8, now dont quiz me on the settings as I dont know jack sh|t about the settings on shocks and forks...yet. As soon as I got on the bike I immediately noticed an increase in ride height and upon riding the bike there is a marked difference in the bumps in my crappy neighborhood that I ride over every day...they aint as bad as they used to be...I have taken the bike to my favorite twisty spot rte 35 to rte 84 (la honda) and rte 9 to Boulder creek..some of you California falco owners know what I am talking about...and I noticed a big difference in the fast curves with increased stability and smoothness. Which made for a great day of riding.
A very happy falconer am I.....  

By John1000 on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 03:05 pm:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

Glad you actually managed to get a shock for your bike off the shelf, here in England I�ve been waiting so long for an Ohlins to turn up I have cancelled my order and put one in for a TechnoFlex. Lets hope I get some better luck with that manufacture.  

By Sffalco on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 04:31 pm:  View Sffalco's Profile Search for other posts by Sffalco Edit this post

Man that sux...Have you thought of Penske? I realize that their American and you are in the UK but I think they make an off the shelf shock for the falco. Or if not it wouldnt be a big deal to fit one...Also what about Maxton?? You have probably ruled all of these out already in any case good luck  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation