QUESTION-when is a shock not a shock

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: QUESTION-when is a shock not a shock
By Gtfalco on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 07:21 am:  View Gtfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Gtfalco Edit this post

answer ,when it pisses all the oil out on the way from Tossa de mar in Spain to Andorra.It makes for an interesting ride bouncing all over the place I can tell you.Grrrrrrrrr 

By Andyjfalco on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 02:25 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I take it that's the original Sach rubbish
Time for bed.
Go on laff, I know most of you are old enough to know what that means.  

By Nickp on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 12:09 am:  View Nickp's Profile Search for other posts by Nickp Edit this post

Gt,
Have you got another shock ? If not you can pop over and borrow my old sach unit 'til you're sorted, it's sat there doing nowt anyway.  

By Gtfalco on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:07 pm:  View Gtfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Gtfalco Edit this post

thanks Nick but I had a mille shock on and have fitted my origional.Time to look for a proper shock I think.....  

By Falconas on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:07 pm:  View Falconas's Profile Search for other posts by Falconas Edit this post

I don't know why all of you think the original(Sachs) shock is rubbish?
Maybe it's just me, in the past had bikes with a lot worse shocks and manage to ride with any conditions but any way, i think that the shock is ok. Not bad not perfect just ok.
Have you seen the shocks that the japs bikes wear. They bring the riders in some really dangerous positions. Never had big trouble because of the shock on the Falco.
Probably with an aftermarket shock i will see a big improvement but i will change it only after a couple of years when it will drop it's performance.
The first thing most riders have to change is the boat anchors we have for exhaust pipes and suffocate the engine.
It would be nice someone that change the shock to write if really is like you ride a different bike or just good become better.  

By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 04:54 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Falconas
After fitting a Maxton unit, I KNOW the Sachs shock is poor. The bike now goes over bumps without getting all skittish/bouncy and it's a hell of a lot more comfy too
1000+ miles to and from the TT says change the thing.  

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 10:55 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

I can't honestly say, I've ever had the oportunity to ride on the std Sux shock, as I replaced it before I even road out the door, of the dealership witha full blown Ohlins shock. I decided this from reading the problems with the std shock.

But with the Ohlins it is superb. Add Bridgestones and an inch of ride height and it's spectacular. Real point it where you want it, type stuff. An aftermarket shock is just that more supple, compliant etc, and other superlatives. It does make a HUGE difference. Just MHO.

By Befbever on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 10:50 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I second that.

Falconas, since you've asked: read all about Falco aftermarket shocks here 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation