Alloy rear sprockets

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Alloy rear sprockets
By Simon on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 05:18 am:  View Simon's Profile Search for other posts by Simon Edit this post

Hi folks
anyone put an alloy rear sprocket on? I'm doing chain and sprockets (@14000 miles), going up a tooth at the back and it seems that to do this I can't put a steel one on. any opinions?
apparently it will wear, quicker than the chain, and everyone says you must do both cogs and chain each time you change, so as far as i can see i'll be changing front sprocket and chain before i may othewise need to! any ideas about what sort of distance am i going to get out of an alloy rear?  

By Prilliant on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 11:10 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

I got 17,000 miles out of a gold Afam rear sprocket. Just look after your chain, clean it every 200 miles with parafin and lube it regularly. It should last easily as long as the chain IMHO.  

By Befbever on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 12:13 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Got 10.000 miles out of my Afam 43 teeth sprocket now and no visual signs of wear so far. 

By Simon on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 02:27 am:  View Simon's Profile Search for other posts by Simon Edit this post

thanks guys, that sets my mind at rest  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation