Oh poo!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Oh poo!
By Mental_Trev on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:47 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Ouch! 

By Andyjfalco on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:17 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Living up to your name eh?  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:52 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Hope you didnt hurt the sheep 

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 05:02 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Well gee guys, thanks for the sympathy & well wishes - NOT!

By Hansie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:54 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Shocked when reading it!
At first I thought you kept the slightly polished side up .
Nice to read that only the cowskins got damaged , besides the ego offcourse.

Learned something Trev?

Hansie  

By Befbever on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:48 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Glad you're okay Trev, don't scare me like that anymore!
I looked at your tyres the other day and thought to myself: they shouldn't look this scruffed on a road use bike.
Time heals. 

By Singlesman on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 01:40 pm:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

Glad you got away with it Trev, came to the same conclusions about fast road bikes myself, there just isn't the room anymore! Vertemati,Vor,Husqvarna,KTM,CCM,Gas Gas and the Jap stuff, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. 

By Andyjfalco on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:33 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Sorry Trev, I didn't notice it was a link, thought you just posted the word ouch. I'm a bit shite at this computer thing....still !  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:07 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

All the best Trev!

Hope you and the bike heal fast. Take it steady. 

By Mental_Trev on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:49 pm:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Thanks for the sentiments, peeps!

Paul...Husqvarna - you've been talking to my brother, haven't you?!  

By Richandall on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 04:32 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Leslie - it could've been me!

If confronted by such a helluva emergency it'd go pear-shaped for me too. I've asked myself how to get fun out of the Falco's astonishing road ability and not drive faster than my reactions allow. I don't have a proper answer, I take risks. Falls, breaks, limps are a pretty distant concern during a high speed adrenaline rush.

I took a decision to get a different kind of bike to the Falco, to explore a different kind of road experience. No wind protection. Big lusty engine. Too heavy to chuck around. Sit up & beg riding position. This bike's got no ability on corners whatsoever so I can't go fast into blind bends or dips & rely on sorting it out. Makes me more leery of what I can't yet see.

I don't get nods from the race reps like I do on the Falco but I can live with that. I've kept the Falco cos it rocks and looks the business and I want it. But I ride it more circumspectly now, because I realise better just how very potent it is. I don't know if this means anything to you. It's just my pov.

Hope you heal well & get riding again soon.

- Richard  

By Mental_Trev on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 05:04 am:  View Mental_Trev's Profile Search for other posts by Mental_Trev Edit this post

Quote:

Hope you heal well & get riding again soon.

Are you kidding, Rich?!

I'm healing just fine and I was back on a bike the very next morning, mate - just 'cos I'm not a northerner, that doesn't necessarily make me a southern softie, either!

Trevor LESLIE (of purebred Scottish ancestral heritage!)

Long live the Celts! 

By Richandall on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 05:30 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Well, no, I was more thinking of your battered psyche, Leslie.

Ya Northern T**t.

- Richard

By Befbever on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 06:05 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Wise words, Rich. Now I understand why you went for the cruiser. The only part I didn't get was:

Quote:

I don't have a proper answer, I take risks.

I tell myself I don't and am still alive to prove it. But every time you go out on whatever bike, you're taking risks aren't you? So there, you're right about that one too.

Is there a way to explore all of the Falco's potential? Yes there is. But the road isn't the place for it, at least not for me. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the bike. It just means I realise I'm not using all of what it's capable of. Nice bike though.

Well, I'm having a go on KTM Supermotard when my back is better . Not suited to travel to work, but it's been a few years since I've been in a cast.  

By Richandall on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 06:59 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Bef - I somethimes think camaraderie amongst bikers is down to knowing the risks we all take for the rewards we get. The respect is because of it.

- Richard

Btw Mental_Trev sorry bout calling you Leslie, and a Northerner, when you're a Southern Scot and a Trevor. Still, could've been worse, might have spelled it Lesley...

By Benw on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 10:56 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Sorry to hear about the spill Trev!

Glad your OK and up and running again. The Falco will make a great track day machine anyway...

B  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:54 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Glad you're okay...BTW, link didn't work for me... 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation