Clutch bearing and vibration

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Clutch bearing and vibration
By Befbever on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 10:38 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I commented on a rather pronounced vibration that seemed to originate from the engine the other day.
Before I took the bike to the dealer, I checked my tyre pressures and they were way too low. I really need to pay more attention to that .

When I rode to the dealer, I had a mate on an SV with me so I had to take it easy, the thing only does 235 kph . We also rode through a couple of hundred liters of diesel because of an accident with a couple of trucks, so the next exit we had to take it easy. The bike smelled like a truck when we arrived as well, diesel everywhere! But I digress....

The dealer checked the bearing and when he put the plates back in, he didn't put the last friction in the shallow fingers in the basket as you're supposed to. I was watching him, so I asked and he said it didn't matter eitherway.
BUT! A few days later I was caning the bike down the motorway and the clutch slipped! Also, it had started to drag again.
So that weekend I put the last friction where it's supposed to be (only a 10 minute job) and presto! Clutch well again. Odd, I would have thought he of all people would have known this for sure.

As far as the vibration is concerned, CRMC33 was right. Again.
With the tyre pressures on the right values, the vibration's hardly felt anymore. Boy, is my face red...

But it does go to show the vibration's there. You just don't feel it as long as there's enough air in your Dunlops - soon to be BT-012 SS. This week I hope!

By Oldgit on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:41 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

You see Bef, Aprilia is not all bad, they have made a falco mechanic out of you,  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation