Good or bad advice??

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Good or bad advice??
By Islefalco on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 04:48 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Thuis was posted on the Fazer board I visit:

"I toyed with buying a Falco a while back but was advised by the dealer (who is a good friend of many years) not to buy one unless I was going to sell it within the two year warranty period. Aprilia have had lots of warranty claims ranging from stickers, to engine problems and dodgy clutches and have dropped their warranty period from 3 to 2 years. Servicing costs are pretty high aswell, it starts with an expensive first service which isn't labour free and gets worse from there."

What do you think?. I have responded already!  

By Daz on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 05:46 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

LOL! I can imagine what you said! I thought the warranty was only any good in the first year anyway?

My first service was 25 quid cos it was a parallel.  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 06:42 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

sounds like the Fazerite was suffering from hard cheese to me!

no offence Daz! 

By Daz on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 01:06 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Why the foc would that offend me?!?  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 08:03 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Maybe he thinks you're made of hard cheese??? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation