Rim polishing : how to?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Rim polishing : how to?
By Ronnie on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 03:02 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Hi all
I would like to polish the alloy on the outer edges of the rims of my Falco to a mirror finish.
Has anyone any ideas of the best way to do it,I would prefer to do it myself rather than leave them in somewhere.

Thanks

Ronnie  

By Exdukenut on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 05:59 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

The rims polish up really well. I've had mine done. The Brembo's do up nicely, as they have a couple of small, "dimples" through the wheel.

I haven't seen the guy do them but I would suspect that you need a very sturdy/steady hand to do them.

I got both mine done for $250 Australian. Took him 3 days to do.

The guy has my Mille swingarm to do a t the moment. So when it's done, I'll post up piccies.

Leave it in the hands of experts if you don't think you can do it better. Just MHO.

By Oreo_N2 on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 06:20 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

aircraft paint stripper and some aluminum works pretty good. my friend did it on his honda, the rim is nice and smooth under that painted surface, not any real elbow greas type poilishing needed. and its nice and shiny now!!!! 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation