Well hello at last

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Well hello at last
By Mikeo on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 01:01 pm:  View Mikeo's Profile Search for other posts by Mikeo Edit this post

Hi there. I've been trying to get onto the site ever since I bought Brianr's falco last month, but have finally had to register with 2nd e address due to never receiving the first password! Anyway, am very pleased with the bike which has more soul than my last one (EXUP1000). Have just changed the stock Sachs shock (Brian had done 15000 on it) for a secondhand RSV Sachs jobbie. It certainly feels better although I haven't had time to fiddle with settings yet. Thanks to Ben for that (a bit scary cutting the reservoir valve down with a grinder; brass grinds down a bit quickly!!). When I take bike for next service, will the non spec shock mess up the warranty? Ben has an immaculate red Falco for sale at the moment (with standard shock now!). I think it's about 18 months old with 5k on clock. He's after about 4.5k but can't put an ad on here as he's forgotten his password! It's in the west country and if anyone is interested, e mail me at mikedando56@hotmail.com and I'll pass your message on. Anyway, glad I can finally join in on this site. Cheers Brianr for passing on of the bike, and enjoy your Mille!

mike 

By Hansie on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:20 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

I will give my settings if you want to. You can start from there.

I started with Trevs settings but adjusted them a bit (less rebound)

Hansie  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:32 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Im on the same settings as Hansie too altho Im not quite maxxed out on the ride height.  

By Mikeo on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:25 pm:  View Mikeo's Profile Search for other posts by Mikeo Edit this post

Yeah hansie, it would be good to at least have a starting point. Ben said it was set at stock setting for the Mille, but it's certainly feeling a bit bouncy on bumpy b roads!

Mikeo  

By Hansie on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:37 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Start with the front : stock but I added 0.25 turn extra rebound.

Rear with model 99 RSV shock:
rideheight is maxed
springlength(preload) stock at 130mm
Rebound : 10 from maximum
Compression : 30 from maximum

Btw : I'm aprox the 100kg but the standard preload worked out fine for me.The Aprilia testdriver did eat a bit to much I think!

Hansie 

By Mikeo on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:42 pm:  View Mikeo's Profile Search for other posts by Mikeo Edit this post

Thanks for that hansie. I'll give it a go. Mind you I'm a bit light at about 10.5 stones!

mikeo  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation