Hi level road legal cans............where?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Hi level road legal cans............where?
By Jamsfalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 06:37 am:  View Jamsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Jamsfalco Edit this post

Having had the misfortune of grounding out the cans on the Falco i am now in search of hi-level cans.
Anybody know who manufactures Hi Level road legal cans ? I have seen plenty of race cans but i cannot afford the hassle of ridiculously loud race cans.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 06:42 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

buy a longer rear shock...unless you already have!

Rene, Shark and Leo Vinci make hi-level road cans. They are more expensive than the race cans tho as they have more 'bits' in them clogging them up! 

By Jamsfalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 10:41 am:  View Jamsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Jamsfalco Edit this post

thanks for the reply...........

I am in the process of replacing the rear shock with a tecnnoflex (thanks Bef). I am then going to raise the front back to the standard settings.
Silly question..........Will this prevent the cans from grounding out?  

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 02:40 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Only time I've grounded out was when a woman (surprize) hit me up the back!  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 10:40 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Anything that raises the ride height will improve ground clearance.  

By Benw on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 12:47 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

A set of low level oval cans won't ground out. The standard cans are like bazookas, touching down quite early. Any slimmer cans should solve the problem. My ovals didn't touch down on the track even though the pegs were well ground away.

B  

By Befbever on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 03:39 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Jamsfalco, my low level ovals don't touch the ground, not even while grinding the hero-blob-less pegs.
And not even with BenW riding it!  

By Jamsfalco on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 03:51 am:  View Jamsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Jamsfalco Edit this post

NOOOOOooooooooo thats not what i wanted to hear...... I have opted for the Hi Level Renegades with the db killer fitted .

If i cant tell the missus they will stop the grounding out can i tell her that they will at least keep her hands and bum cheeks warm !!!

Thanks to all  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation