Saw a Falco today...........

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Saw a Falco today...........
By 94c4 on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 02:24 pm:  View 94c4's Profile Search for other posts by 94c4 Edit this post

I used to own a Falco up until June this year and I then sold it to buy an H-D.
I saw a Black W registered Falco on the embankment this evening and we managed to say a few complimentary words on our bikes.
If this guy is on this forum I just want to tell him that he has got a very cool bike and that his black machine brought back a few memories.

See y'all!  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 01:08 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I saw 4 Falcos during the ManxGP a couple of weeks back. One yellow, two red and one black. I saw only one during TT, when there are many more bikes over.

I expect they weren't anyone on this board, as I don't recall anyone saying they were coming over. The Manx tends to attract the more mature element inthe biking fraternity (i.e. old bikers) and the TT, as a general rule, the younger element. Hmmm, what does this say about Falco owners?

I haven't got a pipe and I possess no slippers BTW. 

By Prilliant on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 02:14 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Yes you do. 2 pipes (loud I hope) and a slipper clutch!!! 

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 02:35 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I was there and I saw three other Falcos (all parked up, so no owners to talk to) As Tony would say" It's Grrrrrrreat!  

By Islefalco on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:37 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Andy,

You should have told me in advance. You would have had the opportunity to talk to at least one. One of the ones you saw parked up wasn't a yellow one with RSC pipes, by any chance??  

By Andyjfalco on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 03:35 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

No, two reds and a black. I ment to say before I went but I guess I got too excited.  

By Islefalco on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 05:03 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Have to meet at TT then Andy. Only another 9 months to go!  

By Exdukenut on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 05:10 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Too long away, and you can have a kid in that time, if you really want. Oh, that's right I've got another on the way, due before that.... 

By Falcorob on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 11:43 am:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Saw 8 (EIGHT) at the Stormy Petrel on Thursday - it's on the A41 just south of Whitchurch. Spoke to most of the owners and one former owner who now has a Mille R on which I had a sit. Anyway I can walk again now (only joking). Why it only came 42nd in Ride is beyond me when you talk to most owners and they rate it as superb???

Rob.

Any of you lot ever get up/down/across there on Thursdays?  

By Zhaith on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 02:40 pm:  View Zhaith's Profile Search for other posts by Zhaith Edit this post

Hi ya rob,

I've been known to frequent the petrel on occasions , maybe we'll se each other there (once the bike is fxed)

LOL

Phil 

By Islefalco on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 01:06 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Used to live near it (in Market Drayton), when I worked in an establishment not far from the Petrel.

Not been there for several years, although I do visit the area on occasion. 8 Falcos in one place? Is there an owners club I don't know about? Can't be coincidence.  

By Richandall on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 06:40 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

94c4

Quote:

I used to own a Falco up until June this year and I then sold it to buy an H-D.

Have you recovered from the culture shock yet?
Any regrets?

- Richard

By Benw on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 11:11 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Surely you mean agri-culture? Damn tractors...

B 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation