High level pipes or not for my Falco

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: High level pipes or not for my Falco
By Jph on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 12:13 am:  View Jph's Profile Search for other posts by Jph Edit this post

Dear Anyone

I am in a dilema whether to buy the high level pipes from Aprillia - the street fight ones, or the normal carbon racing. Is the performance better from any of the two alternatives and which one looks better in the flesh?
With whatever pipes I go for do I still need to deristrct the airbox?
Can anyone advise  

By Durangokid on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

I have the RSC Carbons and a buddy has the Streetfighter versions. They sound about the same, they perform about the same... so the only real differences are the availability, the price (you can get a better price on the low mounts)... and the passenger foot pegs.

The Streetfighter pipes restrict the use of the Aprilia soft luggage. You can still use rear pegs, but they stick out further and may not be too comfy for your pillon. All of our women here in Texas are bull legged, so no negative impact there.  

By Jph on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 09:36 am:  View Jph's Profile Search for other posts by Jph Edit this post

Many thanks for that. What looks best? Have you deristricted the air box as well?

Jason 

By Durangokid on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 10:20 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

De-restriction is a MUST.

Looks best? Subjective and personal.

I think the Streetfighters look great. I may have bought them if they were available.

I got a great deal on the RSC Carbon's(free, or included in the price?) when I bought my Falco. I like the way they look. They sound fantastic.

They route beneath the footpegs, so it's less likely my wife would touch them with her legs. Though this isn't really an issue with carbon.

An advantage to having the Streetfighters could be ground clearance, but I haven't had an issue with that YET.

Have you seen photos? Go to: http://www.racingsc.com/

They have photos and a sound file for the RSC's.

You really can't go wrong with either. You just may have some difficulty getting your hands on a set of Streetfighters.

The exclusivity may be a reason to buy the Streetfighters. If its under the seat pipes you are looking for, many on this site would direct you to Renegade. http://www.renegade-products.com/

Leo Vinci's are popular too. There is a set on eBay right now at a great price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1856631549&rd=1

If you went with either of these, they won't interfere with the use of Aprilia's soft luggage and they retain the original passenger pegs and won't spread eagle your pillon's legs.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation