Renegade just sold there first TNT system!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Renegade just sold there first TNT system!
By Hansie on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Yes , and its going to the Netherlands! 10 points!With a pair of carbon ovals for the best looks.

Got a job again and the first thing was calling Tomo , after that I called my mother with the news that I had a job and (yes mum ,again) a new soundsystem.

Its probably in within 2 or 3 weeks time , not much sleep until then.

Hansie 

By Hansie on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 12:35 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

How long before the second one?

Fck the money!

Hansie 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 10:39 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

not much sleep till then

....and not much sleep for your neighbours afterwards!

Conglaturations 

By Iedoubleyou on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 12:29 am:  View Iedoubleyou's Profile Search for other posts by Iedoubleyou Edit this post

Congretulations Hans,

Both with the job as with the TNT !
Hope you fly by soon, I'm very curious. 

By Befbever on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 02:04 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Same from me, Hansie. And there was me thinking the Dutch were tight...NOT YOU!!!

I haven't ordered one yet, need to sell the minimoto. But the good news (perhaps) is, the Falco headers fit the Futura. The Mille's don't. 

By Scotty on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 08:37 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

So Bef does that mean you're buying the Aprilia Stealth Bike as your falco's replacement?

Do they sell it with radar absorbing bodywork as a factory option?

To proove I'm not the only one who thinks this (I actually found this when looking for a picture after writing my first piece of text honest )

goto
Cycle world Futura review

Quote:

The wind tunnel-developed bodywork is all-new, and reflects the current trend toward angular shapes inspired by the F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter. While there's no denying that the look is distinctive, it's definitely an acquired taste, and arguably pointless � perhaps the designers at the Lockheed Skunk Works should have reminded their counterparts at Aprilia that the point of the exercise was not to be seen. It would be one thing if the Futura's fairing deflected radar (now there's an idea!), but it doesn't.

Fitting one of Jorges full systems to it will definately destroy its stealth mode from an noise point of view  

By Befbever on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 09:12 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Well no, it doesn't Scotty. But it's an option.
As many I'm sure, I'm not too crazy about the bodywork. Although I must admit from the rear it doesn't look too bad.
On the plus side, it would mean I can take a passenger for a change and be more comfortable myself. The downside being I'm not too crazy about the looks, not at all like when I saw the Falco for the first time and fell in love.
It's too heavy for my liking, but dumping the centre stand and stock airbox and changing the exhaust system would improve matters I would think.

Time will tell... 

By Hansie on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 10:14 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

I'm always in doubt why people trade there dreammachine to a inferior one and paying extra too.

If you want to sit comfy buy a Pan , Jorge?
Or a sofa or merry a really big woman.

Hansie 

By Befbever on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 11:44 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You're a 100% right, Hansie. And that's what makes it all the more difficult. I have to sell it next year as it's then written off. And no, A Mille is not an option. Neither is keeping it.
And getting a new Falco? I hate what they did to the frame by painting it and 6 years on the same model bike? I don't think so.

A Pan? I'm not that old yet.  

By Islefalco on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 03:50 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Bef,
Been having the same conversation with myself. I will probably be looking to change the Falco next year (late rather than early) and I have nothing in mind that I actually want that much. I don't want to buy another Falco, not because I don't like it (I love it) but because I just can't buy the same bike twice.

I have looked at the Futura and I actually quite like the body work, but it is more weight with the same, or less, power. Hmmmm....

I want to do more touring but I don't want a tourer, just something with a bit more touring capability. It is a tough one. I went to Le Mans this year on the Falco and did quite a bit of mileage over quite long sessions in the saddle. The Falco is surprisingly capable and comfortable. Next year we are going to Assen for the MotoGP, the longer way from Calais through France, Belgium and then into Holland. Perhaps after that I might be able to make my mind up better. I have a feeling that the next bike might have to do some serious miles before I sell it on.  

By Crmc33 on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 04:02 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

The problem is that the Falco is just too good!

The only answer is a Falco AND a Futura (or Pan.. ahem) 

By Litre1 on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:12 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I guess the only option is living with the painted frame of a new Falco--or getting an RSV-R Tuono. Now that would be nice.

Another option would be dumping US$174,000 on Harada's '99 or 2000 GP ride. for sale 

By Exdukenut on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 03:58 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Hey Bef, you could always buy a "Dazer"!!!! 

By Befbever on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 01:22 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Ex, let's not go nuts, shall we?
I'm glad I'm not the only one in this predicament. The RSV-R Tuono doesn't do anything for me. Strip an RSV-R and fit higher handlebars? I can't see the point in that, really. If it were an RSV, yes. Sure, why not. My dealer sold an RSV with a streetfighter look. I have no problems with that, it's only an RSV.

I saw a Falco with Fighter bits on it at my dealer's last week. It did have Leo low mounts, not Fighter cans. Gone was the Falco fairing to be replaced with the Fighter one.
The dealer said: "Ugly, innit?" Well, yes, and cheap-looking too. I hadn't seen it in the flesh before, and this is just MHO.
The oldtimers here know that the appearance of my Falco is changed as little as possible, because I like the looks so much.

There was an RSV-R at the dealer's who had had the full tuning done to it. I mean, valves, pistons, you name it, incuding PCIII. The client also had rearsets and every other accessory you can think of. He had the tuning done because the bike wouldn't break the 290 kph barrier (181 mph). The bike sat there with the expensive blue wheels destroyed from the accident it had obviously been in. Front fairing ready for the dumpster, frame, instruments, etc.
I wonder how fast it is now. I mean, 290 kph? Where are these guys when I'm on the road?

By Prilliant on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 07:14 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

This is really a problem with Falcos. I was wondering what I would replace the Falco with when the time comes for a change and came to the conclusion that I don't really want anything else that much (although a speed triple might just tempt me) . It would seem a bit daft to replace a bike with the same model. Reckon I'll save my money for servicing and suspension upgrades.  

By Benw on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 07:22 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I'm looking at changing mine at the moment and there's only one bike that I'm really considering - the BMW R1150GS. My old bones need a bit more comfort. I'd love to be able to keep the Falco for sunday afternoon hooning though... The bank doesn't agree!

B  

By Befbever on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 10:03 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Old bones, old bones. There was an R1150GS at the dealer's when me and Wim were there, BenW. I told him that's what you wanted and he went: "You got to be joking, right?"

Truth be told, he rides a Katana.  

By Islefalco on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 10:53 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I am having a bit of a problem with the Kawasaki ZX12R at the moment. The local dealers (Aprilia and Kawasaki) have on in metallic black/blue and gold and I made the mistake of sitting on it - it fits.

Someone tell me, in a convincing way, that I don't need that bike and I would just be wasting my money. Help!  

By Befbever on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:01 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

You could try sitting on a Harley, it might fit too.  

By Litre1 on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 11:03 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Really guys, what does any bike do that the Falco doesn't? Handle better? Not without sacrificing riding position. Go faster? Not without sacrificing low-end torque (and you've got to love low-end torque!). Tour better? Not without sacrificing performance. Unless you can afford 3 bikes, I say keep the Falco and upgrade suspension, brakelines, wheels, and even paint scheme if that money is just burning a hole in your wallet! Better yet, buy stainless steel lines, Dymag carbon wheels, and an Ohlins rear shock and send them to me!!!  

By Islefalco on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 01:10 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

No, its not working yet. You must try harder.

ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R
ZX12R

It is becoming an obsession, must....get......treatment  

By Exdukenut on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 04:18 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Hey Isle, Don't do it! They have a huge propensity for tyre munching, they weigh a ton and a half, sure you can go faster (read balistic), but because of their weight, it makes for a very difficult bike to control, and do it well. When it comes time for servicing those valves, there are 16 of them in all, not 8. More can go wrong, but spares might be easier to get compared to the Falco.

Stick with a twin!!!!!! Better power characteristics, in wet or dry. Personally I hate I4's in the wet, too flighty & too much hp to run with/slide off from.

Spend your money on making the Falco an even better bike - suspension, wheels, brakes etc, you know you want to.

By Geo on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 05:27 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

A friend of ours got a ZX12R last year. We all took turns riding, the power was fun but no one liked it, we named it "the couch".
When he binned it (it was bound to happen he was trying to keep up with us and we ride SPORTBIKES)
he got an R1 instead......but he's stil a wanker.
Did that help?  

By Benw on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 10:37 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Isle,
A few mate's of mine have ZX-12s and they can't keep up with the Falco, unless we're on a motorway - and then they bottle it above 150. They like to accelerate hard up to 130 and then back off again.

The Z is going to be S L O W E R and less fun around the roads on the Island too - you won't be able to get it wound up in many places, maybe up the mountain mile, Cronk Y Voddy (spelling?) and down to the Creg. Hmm, sounds like a one trick pony to me!

Now, about that GS...

B  

By Hansie on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:40 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

More about a GS ? It looks better when youve crashed it!

A guy overhere does Assen (short national circuit) in 1 minut 50 , needs serious high corner speeds because Assen is quite a fast circuit and the GS could use a few extra hp.

Hansie
An upgrader 

By Islefalco on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Thanks for the therapy.

My wife said that if I go and buy a new bike instead of spending money on a the new shower room I have been promising her, she will rip my nuts off.

The choice is tenor Falco owner or saprano ZX12R owner. I don't do much singing these days, but, on balance I think I'll keep the nads.

Placing an order for a bellypan this afternoon. Anybody have any tips for a decent painting/colour matching service? I think it needs to be yellow to match the rest of the bike.  

By Richandall on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 07:07 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

I like V twins so much I just bought the biggest one on the planet, next to the legendary Indian Chief.

It's built only for the gentlest of curves. It doesn't do corners. It torques a lot.

Likes hills tho' we don't have any in Suffolk.

Even ordered saddlebags in case I want to play away.

Anyone seen another VTX1800 I can formate on?

- Sad Richard
Do the Shake and Vac and put the Freshness Back

By Charlie on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 02:40 am:  View Charlie's Profile Search for other posts by Charlie Edit this post

Bef - whatdya mean written off? Presumably you mean it will be worth nothing with 35,000 miles and 3 years old?

charlie  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 03:18 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Befs bike should be worth something to someone even if its as a generator for their tyre warmers

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 06:19 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

All is not well in Chez Falco. twee twee twee.

for the record, I bought a RSV 2000 and the following year ......... bought a 2001 RSVR !!!

Whats wrong with buying another Falco ? ZX12Rs, BMWs ? Do me a favour !!

I am going to keep the RSVR, eventually turn it into a track bike then buy the new and improved RS3 road going job. If it never materialises an uprated 2003 RSVR will do me nicely.

Hello Bef, Ben, CRMC and all. Thought I would take the liberty of asking why you don't all come over to the darkside ... !!!!

The force is NOT strong with these ones ...... Lord Vader, turn them to the dark side of the force where RSVs whoop everyone else's arses - except Ben, Bef and Singlesman 'cause they were a bit decent on their Falcos ! Imagine how much quicker you could have been on a RSVR - with lightweight wheels, gold forks and Ohlins everywhere ???? Just imagine guys, come one, see what I see, lap records, podium finishes, umbrella birds, Mmmmmm.

Oh, and who says you cannae tour on the Mille. I did !! Granted my arse hurt but the guy on the Super Blackbird had a dead bottom too !!

Kevin  

By Befbever on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 06:40 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Charlie, it means that when I sell it after three years, whatever I get for it will go towards a new bike. We have a tax law in Belgium that says that you can declare your bike as an expense for travelling to work. That means that petrol, insurance, purchase, services, clothes, boots, helmets, etc etc are 100£ deductible. You do need to prove this by petrol bills, service invoices with your mileage on, etc. And that's why I have to sell it come March.

Mr_Venjer!
Who's to say I would have been faster on an RSVR? Didn't see any come past...
You lot can upgrade to a more recent RSV, but the Falco hasn't had any significant changes and I don't like the looks of the new one.
A very very wise man told me this a little while ago and I'm sure he'll forgive me if I quote him .

Quote:

In fact its nice to be on the track on a Falco instead of the RSV as most riders dont realise they're basically the same bike inside, except the Falcos better loooking of course ;op...You wouldnt get the same buzz riding a RSV-SP round even if you went 5 seconds a lap faster!

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 07:05 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Why buy a RSV when the Falco does everthing the RSV does and theyre cheaper and faster? .

No, the best thing is that people see you on a RSV and expect you to go fast. People see you on a Falco and you go fast even if they dont expect you to.

I think I lost even myself there! 

By Richandall on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 07:34 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

I spoke to the company accountant about making the Falco a business expense. He told me the full running costs including depreciation would be deemed a personal benefit and taxed at my top rate. The only tax benefit I would obtain he said, was a business mileage allowance, and then only provided I kept records of my trips and could demonstrate if called upon that they comprised legitimate business mileage. Oh yes, and commuting to and from the place of work is not an allowable expense according to our Revenue rules, unlike in many other countries. So I didn't go that route.

But if any businessman/bike enthusiast in W. Europe wants a "business" meeting with me in October, somewhere warm preferably, I might just go for the tax deductible mileage allowance...Falco or Cruiser, choose your weapon.

- Rich

By Mr_Venjer on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 07:36 am:  View Mr_Venjer's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Venjer Edit this post

Yes but Bef as good as you are on the Falco wouldn't you be quicker on the RSV ? Nobody got past you guys because you are quick anyway - do you see my point Anyway, imagine the umbrella girls, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

And CRMC, the Falco is cheaper and faster (than mine anyway, I must see Jorge and get some ideas) but why do you boys want to sell up and by sim simmers, who's got the keys to my bimmers ???? Noooo, these bikes are not cute. And big arse ZX12Rs. Yuk ! Whatever flicks your switch I suppose .........

Venjer 

By Befbever on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 08:42 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

In answer to your first question: I sincerely doubt it.
The bike's mucho rapido now and chances are, it'll get even faster so I don't see the point, really.

Btw, a Falco is not cheap. It's just not as expensive.  

By Richandall on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 11:43 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

By day
By dusk

Well, it's different anyway!

By Twowheels78 on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:39 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Rich,

Cool looking bike! My riding buddy has a VTX too. He's got the Illusion Blue paint, it changes color depending on the angle you look at it from. Guess that makes it faster Do any work on it yet? He put Vance and Hines pipes and Kuriakyn Hypercharger on, said it makes a big difference.

The Falco is still faster though, well I shouldn't really say that. It's dead even until he runs into the rev limiter at that point I've got 5000 rpm left 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 01:07 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Richandall,

what make is your cruiser? Is it one from the Big H?
Looks nice. Does Jorge make an airkit for it? 

By Benw on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 11:35 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Forget the bike, check out the gaff he lives in! Man, that's some pad!

I'll just sit here in my 3up, 2down...

As for the RSV/RSVR, I don't do that many track days anyway, so I don't really want to go much faster. It's nice to be able to get past RSVs, Blades and R1s on a sports-tourer anyway - makes me feel all warm and gooey inside...

I don't want to go to anything that's less comfortable anyway. I've bought a car yesterday, so I can't afford the beemer now. I'll be sticking with the Falco for a while longer yet. I might do some mods to it to get some more out of it - suspension and engine wise. TNT? Technoflex? Maybe. Something to keep my interest in it a bit longer perhaps.

B 

By Richandall on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 01:08 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Brian, I remain true to my slim red Falco, mostly, but like to bounce around on the big black momma Honda too and am less inclined to do illegal things with her. She has exhaust valves bigger than a P51 Mustang's and sounds like it too on overrun. I've heard that Big Willies are good - do the Vance & Hines leave room for full sized sadddlebags?

Ben, that's not the real pad, that's the Clockhouse behind me.

I got the Dinosaur thinking it's so inyerface I wouldn't want to go down the mod trail. But it's early days yet...

- Richard

By Twowheels78 on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 07:57 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

He just bought bags this past week but I'm not sure what kind, I'm guessing they're full size though. There is a website just like this one for the VTX, I can get the address for you if you want.

I have to say that as far as cruisers go his the best one I've ever heard. It's loud enough but not to loud and sounds really mean on the overrun. He says it's comfortable and doesn't vibrate too much unlike some other cruisers. The one bad thing about is that the gas milage sucks, he can get about 80 miles to a tank!

Quote:

She has exhaust valves bigger than a P51 Mustang's and sounds like it too on overrun.

Don't forget pistons that are bigger then a 454 big block in diameter 

By Richandall on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 09:04 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Brian, I'd like to get onto a VTX site just to see what they talk about - saddlebags, loud pipes, electric handwarmers and windscreens I guess!

Yeah, those pistons, 4" diameter and 4.4" stroke - near square, ahem.

There is a fun article here VTX1800 vs Blackbird With its 12 second quarter miles the big girl doesn't do bad in fast company.

I get 80 miles before the light goes on. But at around 90 it takes under 12 liters to brim it and the tank holds 17. So it should do around 130 miles before coughing on air. But wouldn't want to try pushing 340 Kilos to the next filling station so max range will remain theoretical I hope.

Your friend's go-faster accessory sounds like something out of Star Trek, "Warp factor nine, Mr Sulu. Let's see what the Kuriakyn Hypercharger is good for!"

What does it actually do?

- Richard 

By Twowheels78 on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 09:22 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

The hypercharger is similar in concept to the Airkit, it opens up the intake. Not to mention looking cool at the same time, lots of chrome. You think the air kit makes noise, you should hear that thing At idle you can hear it sucking, blip the throttle and you can really hear it. He said it makes big difference in how it pulls too.

Delphi ForumsClick on the link for Motor Transport and then VTX. It's not free, well the basic version is, but you can't post pics or any cool stuff with it.

VTX owners association This one is free!

Kuryakyn They make all kinds of stuff for the VTX. 

By Befbever on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 10:07 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I'll make an attempt to get this thread back on track for a change:

Kuriakyn Hypercharger! Now there's a name for an airkit. Sounds a lot better than 'airkit'.

Although an airkit may sound a lot better than a Kuriakyn Hypercharger...

Ooh, I'm getting all confused again.  

By Twowheels78 on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 11:21 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

You're not going to try to derail it by talking about mayo

Ahhh...I get it, had me confused for a moment too The hypercharger sounds pretty sweet too. It doesn't have the booming sound from under the tank but at idle you can actually hear it sucking air, you know that really cool whistling sound. I can hear the airkit sucking air too but it's not nearly as pronounced as the hypercharher. But then again the pipes kind of drown it out a little bit

P.S. Long live ketchup 

By Daz on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 11:22 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Bef, seen the pics on MCN's site of the new SV1000? A possible replacement maybe???  

By Hansie on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 01:40 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

The TL1000 engine is a very good one , even better as Aprilia??

Add extra for suspension , probably Suzuki softy.

Hansie  

By Befbever on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 02:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I had Suzuki's, Daz, thank you very much. Painting the rusted rear peg hangers and the swing arm after only two months doesn't really tickle my fancy anymore.

Hansie, a look at your girlfriend's front shows you what I mean.

I KNOW that sounds strange, but Hansie will understand.

By Daz on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 06:12 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

What have you been doing looking at Hansie's girlfriend's front!! Naughty!! 

By Befbever on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 08:18 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Daz,
went to look at the SV1000 pics on MCN. I think the Falco may have some competition!

Though it's still a Suzuki and I don't like the headlights. The rest looks spiffing I must say! 

By Daz on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 01:43 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Ah!!! Glad you agree! I'm very impressed with it I have to say... wonder what it'll look like in a different colour, and in the flesh? Jorge is gonna have a field day with those cans I reckon!

We went to Carnells today - R1 at 14.5k euro's. They are having a laugh. How expensive!?

They had the new style ZX-12R there - blimey what an absolute monster!! Looks the biz I reckon. Jo sat on the GSX-R10000 (she preferred the 750), the R1 and the Fireblade and preferred the R1 - she reckons it felt the lightest and the most compfy, followed by the blade. Think I need to get a second job!!  

By Daz on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 01:05 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Ewwww!!! Bef... it has runway strip landing lights for rear lights! Bizarre!!!

http://www.svrider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1976  

By Hansie on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 01:06 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

For me no more suzuki's anymore! Indeed very poor finish : swingarm,forks,all nuts and bolts , footpegs etc. Corroding like hell.

Hansie
dissapointed by suzy quality 

By Islefalco on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 01:15 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

When you have had the real, Italian, deal, why consider a japanese copy?

Nah, doesn't do it for me. If I seriously wanted another half-faired V, I would probably buy another Falco.

And Daz, stop that ZX12R talk, on here and email, its my nads that are at stake for chrisakes!  

By Hansie on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 01:25 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

If you want the best motor with suzuki TL1000(R) engine come to Holland!!!!!
Check out : http://www.bakker-framebouw.nl

Nico Bakker is a world famous framebuilder (GP500 wins with suzuki engine!!)
The motor will be build fitting youre perfect body.He has his factory 30km to to north of Amsterdam.

Something for you Bef?

Hansie 

By Befbever on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:47 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Ah yes, Hansie, good old Nico Koekenbakker!
My perfect body? You obviously have never seen me!
I love his frames, I'm just not too crazy about his bodywork. Just a matter of personal taste of course.

Speaking of taste: I hate the SV1000's headlights, but the rear light is even worse! Less saké for the design department please.

I was more interested in this kind of picture anyway.
sluuurp!

Btw, Daz, what are you doing looking at other bikes again? Had enough of the Fazer already?  

By Daz on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 02:03 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

> Less saké for the design department please.

You know me bef - I'd have one hundred bikes if I could afford it! LOL
Is that the SV1000's fuel injection with Suzuki's patented thingymabobs?

Trev.... ZX-12R.... you know you want to... lol. At least take one for a test ride hey? 

By Benw on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:50 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Hmm,

Now that is nice! SV1000! The front fairing is reminiscent of the Fazer 1000 but there you go. That is a definite competitor to the Falco - very nice...

B  

By Benw on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:54 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Hmm,

Now that is nice! SV1000! The front fairing is reminiscent of the Fazer 1000 but there you go. That is a definite competitor to the Falco - very nice...

B  

By Crmc33 on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 11:42 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I wouldnt trust the ex-TL1000 engine durability ...having been involved endurance racing one!
Gearbox lock-ups at 150mph arent nice!

Looks OK from a distance tho. 

By Benw on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 12:16 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

Yeah, but even the Big H has had engine blow-ups endurance racing. I think the TL is probably a more reliable engine than the RSV/SLV... Don't shoot me!

My side-stand rod broke off the other day! Warranty claim...

B 

By Crmc33 on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 12:35 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

dont say I didnt warn ya!

Those suzook engines are made out of monkey metal! 

By Richandall on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 01:33 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Quote:

wouldn't want to try pushing 340 Kilos to the next filling station so max range will remain theoretical I hope

Now no longer theoretical!

Didn't have to push it either, due to handy mobile, good friend, and full Jerry can (don't see that word used much).

The answer is (drumroll).....one hundred and seventeen point two miles. 117.2 is the answer.

What!!

This bit is interesting, however, cos it must apply to other bikes - 7 liters of rescue petrol + 1.1 miles to the pump + 8.43 litres of pumped fuel = 15.43 liters (for 118.3 miles) in a 17 liter tank (manufacturer's figure).

So who stole the other 1.57 litres?

Bef, I know you'll have an answer to this, it's not only the big wing who lies about 'real' tank capacity.

Oh and Brian, thanks for the links I'm on my way there already.

Now I'll try and shut up about the behemoth and remain true to the Falconeering spirit of our chatboard.

- Richard 

By Daz on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 01:43 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

crmc33 - did that email that chap who's email addy I sent you regarding your website? You didn't say thanks or anything you suzuki-bashing miserable focker.  

By Crmc33 on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 01:47 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Ive emailed that chappy

thanks, you Dazerfazer riding numbskull! 

By Befbever on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 05:40 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Richandall,
I don't know what you mean, me? Have an answer to this?
We all know by now the Falco only holds 18,1 liters of fuel as opposed to the quoted 19.

But I bought the Falco assuming the tank would hold 21 liters!
Bloody journo's should get their facts right.  

By Richandall on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 06:41 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

- Richard

By Richandall on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 06:43 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Double Post
I'll turn myself in, Webhamster!

- Richard

By Powermaster on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:57 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Enough derailment

Final tests can be found here

By Hansie on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:06 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Someone cant sleep for a few nights now!

Hansie  

By Befbever on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:46 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Now that that's out of the way, how about that Simpson episode that was on the other day.

Homer is all excited after a day out so Marge goes:
"This has got you all excited so when we get home we'll get some beer into you and then it's straight to bed."

And Homer jumps around shouting:
"Woohoo! Beer-beer-beer! Bed-bed-bed!"

By Hansie on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 10:20 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Beer and bed , 2 of my favorites!

Hansie  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation