New Falco Owner - Which Cans to get?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: New Falco Owner - Which Cans to get?
By Fullstate on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 06:32 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Hello everyone! I should be getting my first Aprilia in about a week or two. It's an '01 Falco with less than 4K miles on it! Very clean and at a great price. The bike is all stock.

Needless to say I'll be de-restricting it ASAP, adding a K&N air-filter (and de-restricting the air box), and installing a new set of cans/chip.

The dealer will sell me the RSC Cans/Chip for $750 (seems like a good price). I've also seen comparisons for cans from Rene and Staintune. Based upon the warranty info I like the Rene over the Staintune.

I guess the question is this: Is it worth the extra money for the Rene cans? I couldn't tell from the various dyno charts I've seen that the Rene's performed any better than the RSC.

I rode my friend's falco with the RSC cans/chip and for the brief period of time I was on it they were great!

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Fullstate  

By Prilliant on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:23 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

I have the RSC cans and chip. Very happy with the quality and noise. $750 definitely sounds like a good price. But there a lot of very satisfied Rene customers on this site. Personal taste is probably the best bet. The only thing to watch out for is cheaper makes of carbon cans. The big power pulses of a V twin can wreck the carbon.  

By Prilliant on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:24 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Oh yeah, sorry. Welcome to the club 

By Crmc33 on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 10:22 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I would get the ones with the nicest stickers 

By Benw on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 02:14 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

And the nicest hole.  

By Durangokid on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 06:47 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

I have the RSC Carbon pipes. They sound great. A bit loud, but that's why I got them. Whenever I rev the motor, I set off car alarms. No kidding.

It comes down to what you are looking for ascetically. Do you want Carbon, Stainless, Titanium, Round, Oval, High, Low, or Under-seat options? Most of the dyno charts that I have seen vary little and those that do I am sure that other factors affected the results.

Renegade makes a great pipe, the high mounts look fantastic and I am told don't that they interfere with the Aprilia soft bags. Don't forget Renegade sponsors this site. They help pay the bills so we can all have a place to share our ideas. I may have purchased the Renegades had my bike not come with the RSC Carbons installed.

The Staintunes are likely not to be as loud as many of the other pipes available. If you are looking for something a bit more stealth, Staintune could be a good option.

Other options are Leo Vinci, Arrow, Giannelli, Akrapovic & Two Brothers. I am not sure if the Sharks are still available.

Dealer cost on the RSC Carbons is about $683, so you'd be getting dealer cost + 10%. Seems like a good deal to me.

Don't forget to budget some cash for a rear shock replacement too.  

By Iedoubleyou on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 12:38 am:  View Iedoubleyou's Profile Search for other posts by Iedoubleyou Edit this post

I went for the Rene high mounts.
They 're in my opinion the best looking, sound at least as good as the RSC's and in combination with the Air-kit create an enourmous boost !
But I gues it all a question of taste ! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 03:56 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I went for the Shark pipes....

nice self adhesive stickers and nice neat holes in the right places.

Oh, n fawkin LOWD 

By Fullstate on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 06:23 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

Just wanted to drop a quick note and say thanks for everyone's input. Much appreciated. And, I forgot to add the sticker/hole factor into my equation. Time to re-evaluate!!

Fullstate 

By Fullstate on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 10:40 am:  View Fullstate's Profile Search for other posts by Fullstate Edit this post

WOOO-HOOO!!! Got my Falco this morning. Too bad it's so stinking hot here. Gonna have to go ride in the evening. I'm all excited!!

Fullstate  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation