The Dazer

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: The Dazer
By Daz on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:21 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Here's the real 'Dazer'

-My Image- 

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:50 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Top Banana! 

By Bob on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 12:52 pm:  View Bob's Profile Search for other posts by Bob Edit this post

So, has it been "Dazzed" and repainted? 

By Daz on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 01:13 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

@ Bob!

Yes Bob, it has been, *sob*. They're there more to act as warning to others than anything....

It was easy just to request the logo's with a D instead of an F so I thought why not. Bit of fun eh?

Daz
'The Dazer' 

By Oldgit on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 02:42 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

What happend to the other half, or shouldn't I ask?  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 08:22 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Looks shiny!

Did you disconnect the front brake? 

By Befbever on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 11:15 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Looks brilliant!
I guess requesting two D's would have been pushing it a bit, eh Daz?
Good on ya mate!

By Daz on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 09:27 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Other half was not TOO bad all things considered. Scuffed rear pillion peg and seat fairing; partially ground away the generator cover - covered it with a carbon fibre engine armour thing; bar end and smashed / ground away the left side of the fairing a treat. My brother did a great job on it IMO -

-My Image-

Front brakes, shmakes!! Pff! ;o) I have increased the pre-load front and back though and the front doesn't load up as much as it used to... fingers crossed that helps next time I feel the need to Daz it.

Two d's bef? Or two z's? I was thinking about it but didn't want to cause too much hassle to the printers. Only cost me a tenner as they are - seems like a bargain to me!

Daz 

By Befbever on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 10:33 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Two Z's of course, d'oh! My mind must have been in the Ardennes already.
Sorry Daz!
Could have been 'Dazed' though...

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:33 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

LOL! Looks cool! I think I'm going to get the Aprilia sticker re-done to say "Aprilia." That'll really leave 'em guessing! 

By Falcorob on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 12:45 pm:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

When are you picking up the stabilisers mate?
Does look strangely cool though

Rob 

By Daz on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 02:03 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

LOL! Maybe I should see if I can get some at the NEC Bike Show eh?!... Bastid!

Hey, oldgit - hows the arm and the bike doing? Both feeling / looking a lot better I hope.

Daz 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 02:13 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Hello? Is this thing on???

Dayum, you Brits are losing your sense of HUMOR, er, HUMOUR! 

By Daz on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 01:18 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

LOL, I'm still trying to figure it out.  

By Rca on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 01:45 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Daz,

Your not a postman by any chance?

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp 

By Islefalco on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 02:04 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Daz,

I like the colour, but whichever angle yo take the picture, it still appears to look like a Fazer. Can I suggest that your next mods include a twin spar frame and a big V Twin motor. That might improve matters a little.

I can suggest a few mods after that which might make a big improvement for you.  

By Befbever on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 02:38 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Quote:

I can suggest a few mods after that which might make a big improvement for you.

And they are?  

By Islefalco on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 03:25 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

They would include changing everything else for Aprilia parts, for a particular model I have in mind, Bef.  

By Daz on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 03:49 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

rca - that's classic!! They've nicked my URL the bleeders!!

IF - HMMMMMMMM!!! and don't you encourage him bef!!  

By Befbever on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 04:06 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 04:34 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Everything becomes clear.

I thought the graphics said Dozer

...maybe that explains the need for the repaint in the first place 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 04:38 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Quote:

The Dazer must be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, cautions and warnings, a copy of which is supplied. The Dazer is not designed to be effective against all dogs which include docile, deaf, infirm and highly trained dogs.

I think a quick burn-out on the dogs head no matter what breed, should deter it quite nicely! 

By Oldgit on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 11:01 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Daz, I am on the mend thanks, I sneaked out for a ride last Sunday, don't tell anyone, I'm not supposed to ride just yet. (wanted to make sure she was not bent)
The bike was fine, only problem is, after spending a great deal of time getting the paint on my tank just right, I flattend the paint to mat, applied the decals and clear lacquer coat, stood back to admire my work it looked great.

You can imagine my diserpointment when I found to my horror the next morning, the bloody laquire had reacted with the paint and it now looks like crazy paving, gutted. back to the sanding. grrr.  

By Daz on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 01:42 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Gutted!! Sorry Oldgit - maybe RS should refund you or something - if you got paint and laquer together that is?

Great to hear you've been back on the bike - arm must be feeling better?

Daz  

By Oldgit on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 02:01 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Daz, That was my big mistake, can't blame RS I used a laquer from a local shop, it said it was compatible with all automotive paints, it's just possible it was a tempreture thing, the evening I finished the laquer, I left it in the garden shed, and in the small hours it got really cold.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation