2000 MILES IN 2 WEEKS WITH 2 PUNCTURES!!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: 2000 MILES IN 2 WEEKS WITH 2 PUNCTURES!!
By Falcofra on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 12:28 pm:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

Just back from a trip to Spain and France on the Falco. Bike went well except for picking up a staple in the rear tyre in Plymouth the night before going on the ferry to Santander.With no time to get the tyre sorted and an 8.00 am boat to catch I decided to test my repair kit. After digging the bits of pallet staple out of the tyre I plugged it with the wedge things and a blob of glue then crossed my fingers and whacked it up to 42 psi. Anyone who has a puncture, be warned that the bike will fall the wrong way off the side stand when the back tyre is flat!!
Well the repair held and I found some fantastic roads in a bike friendly country. I had not realised how much better it is to wave to other bikes on the wrong side of the road. Every bike waves to you because you can use your clutch hand, I was even acnowledging scooters by the end of a fortnight!!
Crossed the Pyrenees via Anddora on the way back, that is a crazy place, I queued for a hour to buy petrol for £0.45/Litre then passed about a 10 Kilometer traffic jam all queuing lust to get in there from France.
Came back down to earth with a bump on my return to the M 25 car park and the A 40 up to Ross on Wye which must have a speed camera every 2 miles. Welcome back to Blighty.
Fraser.  

By Falcofra on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

My pillion will post an account from a different perspective but equally enamoured of the trip, at the weekend.
Fra.  

By Prilliant on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 01:09 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Glad you had a good time 'Fra. you've probably covered a lot of the ground I did in June. Riding in France really spoils you. Coming home is bound to suck big time. Bet you've got the bug now. We're already planning next years trip. I'll post details when plans are more definite. Anyone wanting to join us would be more than welcome.  

By Hansie on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:17 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Quote:

I had not realised how much better it is to wave to other bikes on the wrong side of the road.

Finally you start to realise who's driving on the wrong side!

Hansie 

By Befbever on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 12:03 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

By Falcofra on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 07:44 am:  View Falcofra's Profile Search for other posts by Falcofra Edit this post

Prilliant
I'd love to go again, especially with a group of aprilia riders.
There are some stunning roads especially between the Pyrenees and the coast around Tarragona via Lleida, plus many many more.
Fra  

By Prilliant on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 09:33 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Okey doke. I'll keep you posted. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation