O/T Just want a little moral support...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: O/T Just want a little moral support...
By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:50 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Hey guys, not motorcycle related, but I was hoping you'd all stop and take a second to keep positive thoughts for me and my family on Thursday.

My youngest daughter, Sophie, is having a muscle biopsy performed to determine if she has a serious muscle disease. She's only 14 months-old. There have been some concerns about a lack of muscle strength, and the neurologists are anxious to prove it's not something like Muscular Dystrophy...

Anyway, please keep her in your thoughts!

Thanks,

Brad  

By Befbever on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:58 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

My candle will be lit, Racerx.
Strenght. 

By Oldgit on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 10:50 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Best wishes, may your God be with you.  

By Tbone on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 11:57 am:  View Tbone's Profile Search for other posts by Tbone Edit this post

I will say a prayer. I too am a parent of a small child. My thoughts are with you.  

By Durangokid on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Brad,

I can't image how you are feeling, so I won't pretend to. What I will offer are my prayers for your little girl and your entire family.

Chuk  

By Prilliant on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 01:13 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

You'll all be in my thoughts. At times like this motorcycles aren't really so important after all.

Best wishes.  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 01:24 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Brad, The Power will be with your Daughter.
We are praying for her and a light can be seen at the end of the tunnel. Your duty now is to give strengh and care for the rest of the Family. "Et pluribus unum" 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 01:48 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Words can't express how much I appreciate your support. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Unfortunately, the doctors won't have any results for at least two weeks...two agonizing weeks.

Prilliant, well, I'm not sure I agree. If it weren't for motorcycles, I would never have had the pleasure of all of your acquaintances! 

By Hansie on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:15 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Its thursday now (only just) I put my mind to it and lite a candle.

Best wishes also to the misses.

Hansie  

By Spoof on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:16 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Here's to you and your family, Racer! Whatever happens you will all learn something and become stronger together because of it. My good thoughts are with you; I'll pray to that big motorcycle in the sky.  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:22 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Is it the right time for derail Yet?
Hansie, Misses?

Racer, How could you?

Just hang on there and will be ok 

By John1000 on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:47 pm:  View John1000's Profile Search for other posts by John1000 Edit this post

Fingers crossed for good news. 

By Pbeachcruzer on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 03:53 pm:  View Pbeachcruzer's Profile Search for other posts by Pbeachcruzer Edit this post

wish you all the best, bro. couldn't imagine that happening to my daughter (she turns 3 xmas eve). and do keep us posted of her condition. may god be with you both.  

By Chuzo on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 05:12 pm:  View Chuzo's Profile Search for other posts by Chuzo Edit this post

Racerx, my and my family prayers go for her.  

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 06:49 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you. Hope all is positive news.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 11:57 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Best wishes to you RacerX and little Sophie 

By Daz on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 12:35 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

B, good luck and fingers crossed over here.  

By Kerryc on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 01:14 am:  View Kerryc's Profile Search for other posts by Kerryc Edit this post

Thinking positive thoughts for you and your family (and keeping the fingers crossed cannot hurt).

Looking forward to hearing the good news in a couple of weeks. 

By Dixieboy on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 01:57 am:  View Dixieboy's Profile Search for other posts by Dixieboy Edit this post

You and your family will be in my thoughts today may your god be smiling today of all days.  

By Islefalco on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 02:56 am:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

I don't believe in God, but I do believe in hope and human spirit. I hope it is good news, but whatever the result, let your spirit triumph.  

By Litre1 on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 04:40 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I'll be praying for Sophie and your family today. Be strong for her and your wife no matter what the outcome.  

By Richandall on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 04:58 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Brad, my thoughts are with your family.

- Rich  

By Twowheels78 on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 07:42 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Racer, I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Hope to hear some good news in two weeks.  

By Ronnie on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:33 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Best of luck Brad.
We all take good health for granted until a spanner gets thrown in the works.
Let us all know the results of the biopsy.
Will be praying for good news.

Ronnie  

By Roscofalco on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:34 am:  View Roscofalco's Profile Search for other posts by Roscofalco Edit this post

My thoughts are with you and your family. Best of luck.

Wouter  

By Bob on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:44 am:  View Bob's Profile Search for other posts by Bob Edit this post

Best of luck for you, your family and especially your daughter.
Bob  

By Brianr on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 11:07 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

Im late........but praying
BrianR  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 05:39 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I'm truly overwhelmed by all of your support. Totally amazing.

Anyway, surgery went well. Sophie is resting comfortably...hopefully she'll sleep off the anesthetic tonight.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure to post the results of the biopsy when we get them.

Brad  

By Zazutata on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 01:25 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

As a father of 2 and with number 3 on the way I cannot begin to imagine the heartache and worry you must be experiencing. These tiny people are so precious and innocent it seems unjust to inflict anything on them at all. However, I am amazed at their strength and fighting spirit. I hope that little Sophie isn't too sore after the operation. Take care of your special family Brad.

Mike  

By Hydropnik on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 06:50 am:  View Hydropnik's Profile Search for other posts by Hydropnik Edit this post

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wake up each morning to see my 6 month old's smiling face. I'm certain you do the same with little Sophie. Take care of your little angel and I hope she heals quickly.

Darren  

By Gus8 on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:39 am:  View Gus8's Profile Search for other posts by Gus8 Edit this post

hope the outcome is good, brad.i`m a little late but thinking of you all anyway.  

By Falcorob on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 02:15 pm:  View Falcorob's Profile Search for other posts by Falcorob Edit this post

Sorry I'm so late Racer but all my best wishes go to you and your family in these trying times.
Children are far stronger and braver than we are, and far more deserving of our love and attention for their beauty and innocence too.
May your God be with you.

Rob.

P.S. Blue ones are faster.  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:29 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks again for all of your thoughtful wishes. It made my wife and me so happy to read all of your comments...

I'll update you all as soon as we know more...  

By Klingon on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 12:00 pm:  View Klingon's Profile Search for other posts by Klingon Edit this post

Sorry I'm so late too.
I hope everything rules well for Sophie.
I dont use to write because my bad english, but Im here since one year ago reading everything.I feel all of us looks like a family.
This time I feel I need to write, but not only to say that I´ll pray for her ( be sure of that). I want to say that they are going to make a little operation to make a test and if the doctors are there like in Spain they use to make hard test when they think there are a little posibility of somethink like that could happen.

A big kiss for Sophie.

Paco.

Be strong to support your family and Im sure all of we are waiting to recive good news about her in little time.  

By Biggums on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 07:37 pm:  View Biggums's Profile Search for other posts by Biggums Edit this post

She is in my prayers tonight...  

By Durangokid on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 04:00 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Hey Brad,

You and Sophie are still in my prayers.

Take care,
Chuk  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 07:40 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks again for all of your wishes. We are meeting with the neurologist on 9/18 to discuss the results...I'll update you then.  

By Kbomonfalco on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 04:01 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

Holly cow! I really need to check in more often. I really wish your family all the best. It just doesn't seem fair at times. The 18th seems so far away. Hang in their and keep the faith. Just remember we're here for you. Hugs to Sophie
Kevin 

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 06:13 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Yes it's long wait till the 18th. Keep your chin up for not only you, but also for the family.........no matter the result.

Us fellow Falconeers' hearts are still with you. 

By Gus8 on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:59 am:  View Gus8's Profile Search for other posts by Gus8 Edit this post

Brad, still thinking of you and your family,i really hope it went well today,best wishes to you all.  

By Spoof on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:00 pm:  View Spoof's Profile Search for other posts by Spoof Edit this post

Had you in mind today. Here's hoping for the best.  

By Durangokid on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 05:14 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Brad,

Still praying.

Chuk  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:09 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

UPDATE!

Thanks for all of your support! I guess prayer and well wishes work.

Here are the results of the biopsy:

No muscle disease...nada...zilch. No MD, no MS...a few other tests to run to check for normal brain function and some really rare stuff, but it's looking like she has "benign hypotonia" and will likely require lots of Physical Therapy...and maybe some corrective shoes, braces, etc.

Anyway, much love from the family! 

By Twowheels78 on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:38 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Great news Racer, glad to hear it 

By Twowheels78 on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:40 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Great news Racer, glad to hear it 

By Geo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:59 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

FAN-TASTIC!!!

sorry about not posting best wishes earlier, to tell the truth I was kind of emotionaly paralysed from holding my breath.

By Gus8 on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:02 am:  View Gus8's Profile Search for other posts by Gus8 Edit this post

Hope it just keeps getting better, Brad.All the best to all of you.  

By Befbever on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:51 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Woo-hoo!

By Chuzo on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:55 am:  View Chuzo's Profile Search for other posts by Chuzo Edit this post

Great news. Hope everything continues in the same direction.  

By Hydropnik on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:04 pm:  View Hydropnik's Profile Search for other posts by Hydropnik Edit this post

Great news. I'm very happy to hear the positive news!!!  

By Prilliant on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:28 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Excellent news. Really delighted for the whole family. 

By Klingon on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:45 pm:  View Klingon's Profile Search for other posts by Klingon Edit this post

I´m very happy to hear that news Brad, but I suppouse not happier than you and your family.
I the therapy helps Sophie in a short time.

A big kiss for Sophie.

By Richandall on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 04:58 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Really glad to hear that Brad. Now you can get back your life from on hold.

Let us know when there's more to tell.

- Richard  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:57 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks a million for the warm thoughts...I'm sure all of your/our thoughts and prayers made a huge difference...  

By Dave on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 06:04 pm:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation