What's that dent then?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: What's that dent then?
By Zazutata on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 10:46 am:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

As someone not known for being very observant (had the Falco for almost one year now), I noticed at the weekend that there's a big ugly looking dent on the downpipes where the sidestand pops up...

Now I assume that it's there to accommodate the sidestand when it pops up as it seems that otherwise the stand would foul the pipe work. But jeez, what did the guys at Aprilia use to put it in? A sledgehammer???!!. I assume that everyone's got one! 

By Befbever on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 10:58 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yes and no. The dent is where Luigi down at the factory in Noale took his hammer and made the finishing touch on yet another Falco exhaust system.
I know the Akrapovic system has a dent as well, albeit a smaller one. I don't know about the Arrow one. But the Renegade TNT system doesn't.

Hope this helps. 

By Zazutata on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 11:09 am:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

He he...it's certainly a masterpiece of finishing - I can almost picture the scene!  

By Oldgit on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 02:40 am:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

You are not alone,I nearly complained to my dealer before I realized it was a standard dent  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 07:30 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

The correct terminology is "tuning dent." Geez, guys, where have you been??? 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 05:59 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Its little touches like this that make the Falco so special
....It also helps at the factory so they know which pipe is the left and right, especially after a few too many chianti's at lunchtime 

By Zazutata on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 01:18 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

Yeah yeah yeah...it's the old 'No Sir, honestly, that's how they're all made at the factory' . Anyway, I suppose it's the final touch that makes every Falco unique... 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation