Just ordered a Mille Swingarm....

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Just ordered a Mille Swingarm....
By Exdukenut on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 08:26 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Found one from a wreck in almost 99.8% perfect condition. Just a small ding from the usual hit of the exhaust pipe. Yee Hah. $700 Australian.

New ones here in Australia are valued at $2100.00 plus bearings, fitting etc. I think a great deal personally.

There goes more money............ I think I'll have to forgo the "TNT" system from Jorge for a while unfortunately, as I've also just purchased a bike to bike intercom system.

Oh well.

Now if my redundancy comes through, then the TNT system is on the cards again.

I'll be kept man after that. I'm currently a Mr Mum with an 8 year old girl, a 14 month old boy, and another one on the way, due in Late Feb/March. It's great having a wife who lets me do what I want as far as my passion goes, m/cycles and especially the Falco. The old NCR Duke is on the market and will likely go to a friend for a "great deal to a friend" as spares for his old 79 750SS.

Cheers guys. 

By Durangokid on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 04:51 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

Your wife rules! Congrats on your third.

My wife is a gem as well. When I was looking for a new bike, ended up with a Falco, I did a deal on a Triumph RS. I intended to buy the RS because it was a couple of thousand dollars less. My wife said, "You want the Falco, spend the extra money and buy what you want."

I got it just in the nick of time too. We learned that our second was on the way which wasn't a problem. However, I bought the Falco on a Saturday and she lost her job the following Monday. Certainly, she wouldn't have been very excited about my spending $10k once she lost her job. Timing is everything, I guess.

Wives are great, kids are better...  

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 06:03 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

thanks Durango, congrats back at you. Wives are great most of the time, kids are great all the time, (just don't let her read what I just wrote).

My daughter loves coming for rides on the bike, 7 we go pretty well every Sunday. The wife has her licence but hasn't ridden since our first came along. She's been on the back only once since then.

I said to the wife that when the kids can touch the rear pegs and sit correctly they could come on the back, she retorted that they had to be 7 before they could come on the back. I'm 6' 4", she's 5' 10", so our daughter was able to sit on the bike when she was 5 (yes she's going to be tall). They say if you double a kids height when they are 2 years old, you will get an approximate idea of how tall they will be. My daughter is likely to be 6' tall.

Good luck, and I'm glad you bought the Falco. I assume you've de-restricted? Get an airkit, and it is heaven!

Here's 's to you. (God he's not drinking again is he!) Typical Aussie. 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 07:26 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Exduke, I concur with your sentiment on children and spouses...and drinking Aussies! LOL!

Anyway, I'm trying to convince my wife that my four and a half-year old will soon be ready for a ride...  

By Durangokid on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:35 am:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

My son is approaching 12 months, where did the time go? The second is on the way - April due date.

My wife and I have discussed when Jack can go for a ride. I was trying to convince her that I could strap him onto the back so that he wouldn't fall off.

Umm, that didn't fly. "I was only kidding snookums"

We have agreed that once he can balance himself without any "assistance", he can go for a ride.

Racerxlilbro, at 4.5 years you are not too far off. I can't remember if I was 5 or 6, but I used to have a 50cc Honda that I rode myself. Not long after I got a 70cc trail bike.

My son is hilarious. He's less than a year old and he already calls the Falco, "My Bike".  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Durango,

Yeah, my girl is a safety-nazi...she points out all of the riders improperly dressed! LOL!

He's not wearing gloves! He's not wearing boots! We ALWAYS wear gloves, right Daddy? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation