Installed Mille Shifter

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Installed Mille Shifter
By Oab97 on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:25 pm:  View Oab97's Profile Search for other posts by Oab97 Edit this post

I installed my new Mille shift lever last night. I love it. Shifting is a bit heavier, but it also feels more positive. Plus I'm just happy to have a reverse shifting pattern (1 up 5 down GP style) like I prefer. Total cost for all 3 needed parts, tax, and shipping was $61 U.S. I can list the needed part numbers if anybody else wants to do this.

The only downside, if there is one, is that after you remove the entire Falco shift lever from the rear set assembly it leaves the foot peg sticking out a little unnaturally far. It's not actually any further out, it just kinda looks that way since the originaly shift lever is no longer between the footpeg and the rear set.  

By Oreo_N2 on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:52 pm:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

yes please!

I will take some part numbers!

I have been hitting up the bike junkyards... but to no avail.  

By Oab97 on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 07:22 am:  View Oab97's Profile Search for other posts by Oab97 Edit this post

I ordered the following three parts:
Gear Lever: 8106379
Brake Lever Pin: 8121221
Lever Rubber: 8120912

I didn't order the following parts:
Hex socket screw M6 x 20: 8150044
You need two of these for the Mille shift lever. The Falco stock lever already has one holding the shift lever on the gear shift spline. The Mille lever needs one for the same thing, but also needs one on the other head to hold the toe piece(that's what Brake lever pin listed above is BTW) in the shift lever. I picked up the appropriate screw for a WHOPING 3 pennies at the local hardware store.

Circlip d9: 8150462
I can't for the life of me figure out why you would need this part. It's completely redundant to one of the screws discussed above.  

By Richandall on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 04:26 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

I ordered the lever from Chris Clarke M/C (Norfolk UK) early August. Called them today & found the Italian factory shut down til end August so no delivery til September!

Good news is, hadn't realised all those extra bits needed. Now they're added onto the original order and I'm spared further frustration

Can't wait to try the new GP Falco. (Xcept, getting a new bike tomorrow - keeping Falco of course - so the red marauder may be feeling slightly miffed to be sitting in the corner for a while.

Thanks for the help OAB.

- Rich

Btw the circlip is to hold the linkage onto the bike if the allen screws work loose, I'm told. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation