Rear seat cowl base.....help!!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Rear seat cowl base.....help!!
By Ronnie on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:54 pm:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

Hi all
When I got my Falco she came with a rear seat cowl but no base for it.My dealer(Jeremy McWilliams) has tried for ages to get me one.
Has anyone got one or can they tell me a good Aprilia parts supplier where I might obtain one?
Tks

Also:back page of Aprilia manual "Do not leave the engine running if it isnt necessary" and "Avoid disturbing noises".

I would like to keep the engine,I feel it is very necessary.

As to the noises,what exactly does "disturbing" mean?I have no problem with them,just nature.

Ronnie 

By Exdukenut on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 12:19 am:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Twins Rule, just ask my neighbours.

Can't help on the base though. I don't really know what you mean! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 12:27 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

The rear solo seat cowl top is screwed onto a black base which has the steel lug for the latch on it and also makes a storage compartment. This is what you mean isnt it Ronnie?

Other than that, cant help you Im afraid 

By Ronnie on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 01:32 am:  View Ronnie's Profile Search for other posts by Ronnie Edit this post

It sure is,the black base is what I need.
Has anybody good one?
What about a good spare part supplier,do they exist?
Aprilia parts supply backup is s**te.

Tks

Ronnie  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation