Don't falco's crash well Grrrr

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Don't falco's crash well Grrrr
By Zhaith on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 07:26 am:  View Zhaith's Profile Search for other posts by Zhaith Edit this post

Oh well it had to happen sooner or later, unfortuantly it happened sooner .

I binned it today curtosy of a car driver who didn't see me or never had the savvy to look properly, basically was going round a big roundabout and instead of turning left like she should have done, she decided to go straight on unfortuatly cutting me up in the process leaving me with to options.

a) stuff her up the ass

b) slide dwon the road, the falco chose b .

Fortunatly nothing else hit me and the bikes still rideable (mostly cosmetic, except for bent bar end and snapped rear brake lever, which works ok on my bike, funily enough).

Luckily I also have a witness so hopefully blame shouldn't be an issue with the insurance companies, but i'll hold my breath on this one, and apart from a grazed right knee I got off pretty well.

Here's some piccies just for interest

ouch, that hurt

Women drivers, don't ya just luv em

Let's hope Aprilia have sorted out their parts problem 

By Befbever on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 10:33 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Dear oh dear.
Luckily you escaped serious injury yourself, Z. Let's hope the insurance will fully refund the cosmetic surgery. 

By Andyjfalco on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 01:54 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Glad your ok. I had an accident last October, very simmiler damage. Total of £2500 to fix! Which nice new exhausts will you get? (The originals are £411 each!!!)So you can pick any you want, they will be cheaper. Now you know why insurance costs are like they are. ps.Make sure you get new fairing screws fitted.  

By Oldgit on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 02:05 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Glad to read you're ok, Zhaith, seems to be a game of chance these days, sorry about your bike.  

By Scotty on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 02:27 pm:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Zhaith glad to hear you're not to badly hurt.

I think I can say snap.. very similar damage in my recent accident at the end of june.. none on the rear due to the falco luggage bracket.
Bar end took the brunt on the accident.. my indicator snapped off... side panel scratches seems to be a bit less than yours.. upper fairing identical. Scapes to the end of brake lever front+rear only.  

By Befbever on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 06:57 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Z. has carbon Renegades. No worries about repairing them. Or TNT replacement?  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 07:24 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Sorry for your luck! Glad you're okay.

Geez, Bef...it took you almost six posts to reply! 

By Daz on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:49 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Oh feck, sorry Phil!! I'm really sorry mate - obviously my crash in front of you the other week wasn't enough excitement for you hey?!

Hope it all gets sorted out asap zhaith... good luck!

Daz 

By Edzo on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:30 pm:  View Edzo's Profile Search for other posts by Edzo Edit this post

nothing a can of Krylon won't fix !!!!!!

spray it on, buff out the big chunks of hair

then ride the bitch !

dont matta us !  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation