Thank you Jorge!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Thank you Jorge!
By Kbomonfalco on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 02:47 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

I finally had a chance to run on the dyno today. The best run was SAE 102.9 hp and 64.8 ft-lbs torque. I've seen higher, but I'm sure it depends on the machine. Thing is, the guys at the shop were very impressed. This was the best Falco they've seen. They have been getting around 95 hp with the stock de-restricted ones. Even the Mille guys were shocked! Better yet, they told me the bike was running "almost perfect" mixture. A little lean down low, but not worth messing with. And the power curve was almost a straight line from 3,000 to 9,500 rpm. Very small dips at 3,300 and 5,100.
Thank you jorge!!!!!!!!

Kevin
Rene SS lowmounts, Airkit, +2 eprom
Stock gearing, 2,800 ft elev.
Dynojet machine. NO FAN (It was broke) 

By Befbever on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 10:29 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Now why did you have to put '(It was broke)' and ruin a witty remark.

Such as:
NO FAN ? I'm not a fan of Dynojet either.

Fochs sucks
Fuchs rocks! 

By Kbomonfalco on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 12:55 pm:  View Kbomonfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Kbomonfalco Edit this post

Why don't you like the dynojet? I had hoped to see higher numbers. Supposedly that was the "corrected" readings. The tech said I would have cried if he showed me the "uncorrected" nubers. I guess I can't compare the reading with anything other than what came off THAT machine. And according to the reaction I got at the shop, they were impressed! Good enough for me
Now, about that full "TNT" sysyem..........????
Why is it that as soon as I think I have all the toys I could want for this bike, someone comes up with more goodies?
Kevin 

By Befbever on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 06:55 pm:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Well, partly because these guys (Ruud Frederiks, the Dutch Dynojet guy that is) are taking their mobile dyno to the track when journo's are testing new bikes.
They put them on that dyno, it has a fan just strong enough to dry one's hair. And the lines are all over the place due to the lack of air.

Bikes change, dyno's should try and keep up.

Just MHO.

By Crmc33 on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 11:18 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I didnt know you were so sensitive about your hair Bef?

Well, I did actually 

By Befbever on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 04:52 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I saw that one coming from miles away, C.!

Naah, I'm not sensitive about that anymore. I still look stunning with my lid on and the dark visor closed.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation