Steering Dampner for 02 Falco

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Steering Dampner for 02 Falco
By 02falco on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 01:30 pm:  View 02falco's Profile Search for other posts by 02falco Edit this post

Hey fella's,
Just found this forum, some great info, glad to hear there are other falco fans. I recently purchased a 02 falco (black and silver), It is a great bike...Put almost 4k miles on so far, hopefully many more to come...I do have a question for you though, has anybody put a steering dampner on? There seems to be a fairly limited number of options, anyone have any advice.

Nate  

By Hansie on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 02:21 pm:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Best ways to waste money : buy a steeringdamper for a Falco or buy a Mille instead of a Falco
The Falco doesnt need a steeringdamper at all!Even when you increase the back (replacement shock) or lowering the front.

Better buy a used exhaust!or a new shock.

Hansie
(increased himself) 

By Scotteq on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 08:23 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

I agree a damper isn't necessary for a Falco. At least, until you lower the front and raise the rear - like I did... All you need to know is that the RSV and Falco use the same setup and mounting points. I installed a Matris adjustable jobbie and like it just fine. I very seldom wheelie so mostly I ride it with only a couple clicks on it, but when I hit the mountains I'll add more damping.

Oh yeah - Dampers can mask suspension symptoms - Do your setup with it dialed off, and then dial it back up with you hit the twisties. If you have a persistant weave in sweepers, turn the damper down before you try anything else, and see if that helps.

Scott :)  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation