Warranty nonsense...

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Warranty nonsense...
By Zazutata on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 01:18 pm:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

I have to make a claim for warped front disks under my warranty but whilst checking my warranty documents I came across a strange anomaly. The warranty BOOK says service every 12 months or 7500kms, the warranty DOCUMENT (you know, the one with the first service tear-off thingy) says every 12 months or 6000kms. What is that all about ?

Anyway, that's quite a big difference as my services are likely to be every 12 months rather than when I reach the required mileage/kms (as I have the luxury of being able to commute on another bike lovingly called the Old Clanker!).

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this or do I have to ring up those lovely poeple at Aprilia UK again??!!

Mike 

By Scotty on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 03:21 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

Well all I can say is that I go by what the Owners Manual says 7.5K.. my bike also seems to follow what the Owners Manual says i.e. when the service light appears.

The service schedule (in the manual) and the bike service indicator have been bang on for
600 4600 9300 and 14000 miles services (approx num of miles) 

By Rsvdave on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 08:12 am:  View Rsvdave's Profile Search for other posts by Rsvdave Edit this post

My RSV went 7500km to the service light. I guess that's the right figure...  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation