Info required ref: Factory Pro chip.

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Info required ref: Factory Pro chip.
By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 05:08 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

I'm using a Factory Pro chip with the eprom wire uncut. The bike seems to be running a bit rich although it's not giving any problems. Will I be better off cutting the wire? I've also fitted an air kit and Skorpion exhausts. Cheers guys.  

By Edzo on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:08 pm:  View Edzo's Profile Search for other posts by Edzo Edit this post

don't cut the wire

on the factory pro chip, wire connected is map 14

wire disconnected is map 13

both maps will run rich if it is rich now (mine is a wee rich too)
--------------------------------------
talk to fcatory pro about what you can check to make the bike less rich, or get the chip fine tuned by factory pro.

I suggest installing a toggle switch on that wire, and run connected for a month, then switching to the disconnected mode for a while, and then decide which map you like best and then stay with it.

I has stock cans and it was rich, now I have Giannelli's and it is less rich. it is about right now.  

By Andyjfalco on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 02:29 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Cheers Edzo, I did think of a toggle switch but realy if it's not that different, I won't bother. (If it aint broke, don't fix it etc...)  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation