Hi level Renegades and pillion comfort...........

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Hi level Renegades and pillion comfort...........
By Jamsfalco on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 11:04 am:  View Jamsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Jamsfalco Edit this post

Hello to all,

With the insurance money pending on my Falco i am looking at purchasing the wonderfull looking Hi Level Renes and in my excitement told the missus and showed her a pic on the website.

Her query as a pillion is will her boots and leathers rub against the cans? has any one else had this problem or even had the problem and solved it?

Many thanks to all  

By Racerxlilbro on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 12:34 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

I rode my wife on the back (boy that sounds bad!) once, and she said the pipes didn't bother her in the least. BTW, I have the highmount stainless. I'm guessing the carbon would be even better in that they stay so cool on the outside.

She was convinced I was trying to kill her, so the pipes may have been the farthest from her mind... (It was a really small wheelie...honest!) 

By Chetnik on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 07:47 am:  View Chetnik's Profile Search for other posts by Chetnik Edit this post

Same here, the g/f had (notice the use of the word had) no complaints about the highmount cans. My only complaint with the highmounts is that the heat shield is cut too short for my boot size, and I sometimes find myself resting my heel against the pipe. Needless to say my boots have melted a bit since installation. 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 09:09 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

My boots are fine. There is a nice shiny spot on the heatshield where they rub...no problems...  

By Powermaster on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 01:22 pm:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

Well chetnik, never heard of jorge@renegade-products.com ?  

By Chetnik on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 06:04 pm:  View Chetnik's Profile Search for other posts by Chetnik Edit this post

Yeah, I thought about dropping him a line, but I think it'll be much easier to hassle my buddy who is a machinist to fab a new set. It's good to know people who will work for beer.... 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 11:11 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

...instead of the Powermaster who works for nothing! 

By Powermaster on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 12:23 am:  View Powermaster's Profile Search for other posts by Powermaster Edit this post

@CRM  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation