Shorter windscreen...anyone?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Shorter windscreen...anyone?
By Litre1 on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 01:33 pm:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Just by looking at the stock windscreen on the Falco, I can tell it wouldn't be too difficult to make an aftermarket screen that is, say, 2 inches shorter. (Mine is just too long! I know it is a problem we all should have, but I am just the lucky one.) I think it would improve the 'sporty' look quite a bit. But I can't seem to find any aftermarket screens anywhere for the Falco. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?  

By Andyjfalco on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 03:41 pm:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Fat chance. I think most of the people who use this site have had a look for a new screen, the term "rocking horse sh*t" springs to mind. .......Although, the new MPS catalogue has a screen listed inc order number, but don't hold your breath.  

By Carlo on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 09:57 am:  View Carlo's Profile Search for other posts by Carlo Edit this post

MPS; M&P; BHS; B&Q.........I've tried them all!
MPS is same listing as M&P -Nuevo screens and guess what?: they are not in production. Why are they in the f*#king catalogue then!  

By Litre1 on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:24 pm:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

This is what I'm talking about. I think it cleans up the lines quite a bit.

C:\Kallen personal\Falco\FalcoR.jpg

C:\Kallen personal\Falco\FalcoR2.jpg 

By Litre1 on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:25 pm:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

This is what I'm talking about. I think it cleans up the lines quite a bit.

FalcoR

FalcoR2 

By Andyjfalco on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:43 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Has anyone done this? I'm seriously thinking about it! Dremil multi-tool where are you... How much is a new Aprilia screen by the way? Just in case. 

By Crmc33 on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 10:37 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Doesnt the screen have a double skin?... so cutting wouldnt work?  

By Litre1 on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 11:27 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Email to Zero Gravity:

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com

I would like to see someone manufacture a windscreen for the Aprilia SL1000 Falco that has a sportier shape. The stock screen protects very well, but it is made for the sport touring market. I think your SR series would be great for the Falco by shaving off a couple of inches from the stock look. This is a hot topic among Falco owners, and one that no manufacturer has addressed yet.

Thanks.

Keith Allen
'01 Black Aprilia Falco

Response:

Dear Keith,

You're absolutely right. But the problem is that the geometry of the Falco screen is so complicated that it is very expensive and time consuming to develop and tool up. We started awhile back and work on it from time to time. If and when we finish it, it will have been for a love of the sport and not for profit. There
are just not enough Falcos out there to make it economically feasible. I'll put you on the list and let you know when we have something available. Thanks for thinking of us . . . ZG

I will post up when I hear from them. 

By Andyjfalco on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:04 am:  View Andyjfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Andyjfalco Edit this post

Crmc3, good point about the second skin. I'm glad you posted that as I'd forgotten about it! Nice one mate  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation