Scottoiler on a Falco?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Scottoiler on a Falco?
By Hedgehog on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 09:57 am:  View Hedgehog's Profile Search for other posts by Hedgehog Edit this post

Just ordered a Scottoiler from Carnell's via mail order.
When on the phone to them i asked if it was model specific ie if there were any models the scottoiler wouldn't fit, 'No, they are universal' was the reply.
It's just arrived and on reading the instructions ther is a section that states that certain fuel injected Aprilia models (and Triumph) are not suitable as the vacuum trigger won't work.
Has anybody got any experience of fitting a Scottoiler to a Falco? Is ther a problem?
Sorry it's a bit long winded but i just get a bit carried away!!!! 

By Wader2 on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 10:46 am:  View Wader2's Profile Search for other posts by Wader2 Edit this post

Check Daz' site there's a good article on it.

Scott Oiler 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 12:35 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Easy peazy.

The reservoir will even fit onto the boss that holds the rectfier unit on the subframe under the rear seat. You just need a longer bolt.
What Mk Scottoiler is it?  

By Benw on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 10:28 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

The trigger vacuum does work. Many have used it without incident. Try calling Scottoiler and see what they have to say.  

By Nick on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 03:50 am:  View Nick's Profile Search for other posts by Nick Edit this post

I fitted one quite easily

Let me know if you need any help  

By Hedgehog on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 02:30 pm:  View Hedgehog's Profile Search for other posts by Hedgehog Edit this post

I feel much better now!
It's a Mk7 Scottoiler.
My only question now is where is the best place for splicing the T piece for the vacuum trigger? 

By Benw on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 11:57 pm:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

You don't need to split anything or add a T-piece. Connect the vacuum pipe directly to the pipe on the throttle bodies on the rhs of the bike. It has a little black plastic cover on it at the moment. Take that off and attach your pipe - hey presto!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation