Petrol warning light

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Petrol warning light
By Mcf on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 05:40 am:  View Mcf's Profile Search for other posts by Mcf Edit this post

My Falco has suddenly decided to give me an extra 30 miles before bringing on the warning sign. It used to come on at 120 but now at 150, where it takes about 16 litres of fuel. This suits me much better..anyone else had the same?  

By Prilliant on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 09:56 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

My fuel consumption seems to be really dependant on the type of riding. Recently while riding through France I found that I could sit at 110 MPH for a hundred or so miles and only need to top up with 8 or 9 litres. But in day to day use I usually have the light on after 115 - 120 miles.

Makes no sense to me. 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 12:48 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I found that my mpg depends greatly on the number of cold starts. The EFI must shove a load of fuel down the engines gullet on autochoke.  

By Brianr on Wednesday, August 07, 2002 - 02:09 am:  View Brianr's Profile Search for other posts by Brianr Edit this post

If i keep my Falco in the Garage it uses very little fuel..... makes no sense to me.......

slow day in the office
BrianR  

By Litre1 on Wednesday, August 07, 2002 - 04:55 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

I haven't had a cold start in months! This month has been hotter than usual in the southeast US, and everytime I start my bike up it shows a tempeerature reading (not c o l d). I'm relatively new to sportbikes, the Falco being my first, and I can't wait to get out on the roads in cool weather.

By the way, I got 39 mpg before filling up and riding hard all morning this past Saturday, then 35 on fill up (3,000 miles stock). Yes, sadly my Falco is still stock--but still plenty of hp for me.  

By Litre1 on Wednesday, August 07, 2002 - 05:00 am:  View Litre1's Profile Search for other posts by Litre1 Edit this post

Before anyone laughs too hard, it was sarcasm. I do know what a cold start is!!!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation