Has anyone ridden the proper Falco Fighter?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Has anyone ridden the proper Falco Fighter?
By Andylav on Monday, August 05, 2002 - 01:48 pm:  View Andylav's Profile Search for other posts by Andylav Edit this post

At the risk of incurring mass wrath from you ardent Falco fans, has anyone ridden a Falco with the official Fighter conversion. Be interested in your views as I'm riding a Hornet at the minute and like the positioning and I'm curious as to any differences in handling, stability etc. etc. the conversion makes.
Many thanks
Andy

PS - am going to be contacting Prilliant soon for a spin on his standard position bike so that I can get a perspective and have at least a clue as to what I could expect with the kitted version.

PPS - I know I ask a lot of questions but it's the old benefit of others' experiences thing.  

By Durangokid on Monday, August 05, 2002 - 03:46 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

First time poster, long time reader.

Here is a fantastic and motivating article about the Streetfighter Kit.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/bikereviews.asp?ID=45

The pipes sound bad ass! 

By Lipskid on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 07:54 pm:  View Lipskid's Profile Search for other posts by Lipskid Edit this post

Hi all, just stopped by to do a little research on the Falco. I currently ride a Buell x-1. I love this bike, it's a kick, but have been wanting something a little more trustworthy(more power wouldn't hurt either). Seeing the "Tuono"(Italian for "you can't have one" )got me looking at Aprilia, and I had deciced on the Falco. While I wasn't looking forward to the race-rep ergos, it's the closest thing I can find to what I'm looking for. Then I see this street fighter kit and I'm peeing down my leg.(ok, the little fairing thingys on the fork legs are weird) Thanks for the link, 'Kid.
The Buell is going up for sale along with two of my dirt bikes and I'm on my way!

btw-Durangokid- as in Durango,Co.? 

By Durangokid on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 08:33 pm:  View Durangokid's Profile Search for other posts by Durangokid Edit this post

There was a Western actor back in the day named Charles Starrett who played the character The Durango Kid. As my name is Charles Starrett, no known relation, I have taken Durango Kid as my stage name.

You will love the Falco. My last bike was a K100RS. I bought it to tour two up with my wife. We covered almost 20,000 miles, mostly together. We have a 10 month old son now and she rarely gets to ride. I live in Austin, Texas which is ideal for motorcycling. The Texas hill country has fantastic roads. It's like a dream, well paved and infrequently used or policed roads.

Anyway I wanted something sportier, reliable, and capable of touring. I narrowed my search down to another BMW (R1100S), a Triumph Sprint or the Falco. After months of research and against all my better judgement, I went with my heart and purchased the Falco ... TODAY as a matter of fact.

I bought a new and black '01 with the RSC Carbon Pipes and Chip.

As far as the Streetfighter Kit, it's not my cup of tea. But, you can pick and choose the bits you add to you bike. If you live in Colorado, Fay Myers in Denver has an '01 Silver Streetfighter in stock. Give 'em a ring.  

By Richandall on Wednesday, August 07, 2002 - 02:22 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Durangokid - welcome to the exclusive band of brothers! Good choice - btw I love those RSC cans so much I bought two! You should derestrict the bike at its first service if you haven't already. Makes a big difference to performance and gives the race cans more to work with.
Tell us how it goes.

- Rich  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation