Fitting decals

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Fitting decals
By Oldgit on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 12:11 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

This is a job I haven't done before, fitted old fashioned transfers lot's of times, but not modern decals, so how is it done? any advice would be appreciated. 

By Crmc33 on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 12:40 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Easy Peezy.

1. Drink ten pints of Everards 'Old Original'
2. Carefully peel off backing paper (without falling over)
3. slap the decal on.
4. Eat Some Peanuts.

Seriously tho for a few seconds at least,
detergent n water n a squeegee is what Ive used before. This allows you to locate the decal before it bonds. Once youre happy with the location squeeze the excess water/soap from under the decal towards the outer edges. This should also remove any hair, sorry, air bubbles.

Other than this you could just peel the corner of the backing away, locate the decal, hold in place and fix the peeled corner into postition. Then carefully peel the backing away slowly whilst sticking the decal down bit by bit until its completely down. Any air bubbles can be removed using a pin or a small scalpel cut and firm pressure.
HTH.

Anyone else got a secret method? 

By Oldgit on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 01:41 pm:  View Oldgit's Profile Search for other posts by Oldgit Edit this post

Ok Crm, I get the message, so it's much the same as the old fashion transfer then, I'm almost disappointed. I like the 'old original idea' though, want to do this right, they cost more than gold leaf,  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation