Fox Racing Shock for Falco

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Fox Racing Shock for Falco
By Bonnieville on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 12:25 pm:  View Bonnieville's Profile Search for other posts by Bonnieville Edit this post

I just got off of the phone with Fox Racing and they just introduced a TC/R shock for the Falco. It is rebound, compression and height adjustable. Has a remote resevour for the Falco (Mille has a piggyback). Cost is $629 USD and they have them in stock. Part number is 997-19-001-A. I am in no way affiliated with Fox, just thought they always made good stuff at a good price.  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:19 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Do you have a URL, or phone number?  

By Twowheels78 on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 04:34 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Racer,

Check this out. They have one listed for the Mille and one for the Falco. The Mille unit looks like a better shock and it's cheaper then the Falco unit?!? Doesn't really make sense Question is would it fit?

Fox Shox 

By Scotteq on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 07:51 pm:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

I'm sure it's probably just because the remote reservoir costs more than the solidly mounted one...

Scott :)  

By Exdukenut on Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 10:26 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

If there is a Mille one, then that will fit irrespective of price! Get the chearper of the 2. Look at the ohlins AP940 (Falco) and AP840 (Mille). All the places I'd read from said the 840's (Mille) wouldn't fit. But hey it fits perfectly thank you very much, and is a stupendous shock IMHO.

2 cents worth. 

By Bonnieville on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 04:42 am:  View Bonnieville's Profile Search for other posts by Bonnieville Edit this post

Actually, I asked them if the Mille unit would fit and they said it would not. I was just going to buy it, but they advised me that the piggy back reseviour fouled the sub frame. BTW, they did tell me that they are both the same price...  

By Bonnieville on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 04:46 am:  View Bonnieville's Profile Search for other posts by Bonnieville Edit this post

Nuts, sorry, phone number is 800/369-7469 x357. The guy who helped me is named Shane. Oh yeah, it is the TC/R shock on both the Falco and Mille, not the TC.  

By Twowheels78 on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:20 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

ScottEQ,

Any word from Ohlins on that shock? Are they going to be able to rebuild it for your girlfriends Yamaha?  

By Racerxlilbro on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:41 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation