What components does the Mille and Falco share? or any other Aprilia model

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: What components does the Mille and Falco share? or any other Aprilia model
By Jamsfalco on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 03:16 am:  View Jamsfalco's Profile Search for other posts by Jamsfalco Edit this post

Having spent some time phoning around breakers for Falco parts the answer i get is

`dont get many Falcos mate but i have Mille parts on the shelf are they the same?`

unfortunately i have no idea so can we start some sort of reference list?

I am aware that the Mille swinging arm is a straight swop for the Falco unit. Does this mean that the rear wheel is a straight swop? would the Mille front wheel fit also? Would this include the `R` wheels ? Will the Falco shock or the mille shock need to be fitted after this conversion?

Apparently it is well documented that the Mille shock (with a little modification) will fit the Falco.

This sort of information will go along way to iether upgrading the falco (argumentitive comment) or indeed making that DIY repair considerably cheaper.  

By Befbever on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 05:39 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yes
Yes
Yes
I would suspect the Falco shock. Check this site to make sure.

HTH 

By Scotteq on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 06:51 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

Engine, Forks, Wheels, Guages, Triple Clamps, Computer, Airbox, Throttle Bodies, handlebars levers, switchgear, rear linkage, and Brakes.

You can even install a Mille shock on the Falco: just be careful about clearance on the filling valve located on the reservoir - You may have to file it down a little. A Mille swinger bolts on as well.

Scott  

By Scotteq on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 06:55 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

[quote]I am aware that the Mille swinging arm is a straight swop for the Falco unit.[/quote]

If you're going to get the swinger, get the Mille shock as well. It's much better than the OEM Falco one.

Scott  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation