Ok, one more question

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Ok, one more question
By Oreo_N2 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:33 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

i just put a post with two questions... one about the gp shifting and one about the evolucione clutch slave cyclinder... can anyone see them.. the conversation, which i titled "two questions" seems to have disappeared?

i am confused.  

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:45 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

I had that happen to me - do a search for a few key words - you should find the post then. Reply to yourself and it *might* appear. Depends a lot on from which direction the wind is coming...  

By Oreo_N2 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 08:02 am:  View Oreo_N2's Profile Search for other posts by Oreo_N2 Edit this post

well i tried to find it to no avail, so if anyone else can already see them, well sorry for reposting these... anyways, i will try to put a recap together here....

ok so i just bought a 2001 Falco last week, used. i love it!!! It has the SL Carbon pipes and chip, and the soft luggage (side bags and tank bag) and the handlebar risers. Its comfy... with tons of power... and a sweet sound.. what else could you ask for.

Well there are two things i want to ask for...

first is the clutch. I noticed this clutch is very hard on the hand.... especially when stuck in traffic... oh yea i live in Boston, MA so there is LOTS of traffic. So i found this evolucione.net replacement slave cyclinder... with a 16.5% something. Will this thing make the clutch feel more like a normal hydraulic clutch, as in easy to use? What is the 16.5% number referring too? Anyone use this thing?

Ok the second question was about GP shifting. I read some stuff here about usingo a Mille shifter or using a dremel to make the current shifter "flippable." does anyone have any pics or more description of the process to make either of these options work?

Thanks!  

By Befbever on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:46 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

One site for all your answers: http://www.twowheelracing.co.uk/falco 

By Exdukenut on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 02:48 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

Hey Oreo, try some hand exercises, with those hand springs that you can pick up from gym or such.

The clutch isn't heavy, but i come from an old bevel Ducati, with incredibly heavy clutch cable pull, so to me the Falco clutch is light.

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:05 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I agree with you ExD. I dont find the weight of the clutch a problem.

(I get my wife to carry it)

Genius eh.
The only reason I would swap the slave cylinder was if the OE one failed/leaked (as it has often be known to do).

But evryone to their own n' all that. 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation