Quiet around here... reasons?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Quiet around here... reasons?
By Daz on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:28 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Wonder why things are quiet around here?

People busy? Or site not responding? Too slow to load list of topics? Fed up with supposed pro-renegade talk? Busy fixing your bikes?

Gone back to Real Life? (Scary thought!)

Daz 

By Befbever on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:32 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Empty without me?

By Benw on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:56 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

I fell asleep.

B  

By Scotteq on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:56 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

Out Riding...

Scott  

By Richandall on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 08:58 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Given out too many of IMHOs recently, IMHO, so resting and becoming un-opinionated.

But then, what do I know...

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 09:47 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

No, we're all depressed cuz Daz bought a Fazer! 

By Singlesman on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 11:59 am:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

Yeah, but imagine how much more depressed Daz must be feeling after a few weeks of ownership. Altogether now, let me hear you say "bland". 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:11 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

heres a lickle piccy of me Falco oops I meant XBR675 to entertain you. Has anyone got a cure for numb hands? ...or numb glands!!
boom shake shake shake the room
We are the boys to entertain you, the boys to entertain yoooooooooo

By Singlesman on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:26 pm:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

Now that's a proper motorcycle, did I ever tell about when I was racing a blah blah blah blah blah. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:28 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

no go on 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:39 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Did I ever tell you about when I used to race motorbikes?
It all started in 1951. My best friend Rick 'Hard Man' Trumpet bought a seized Manx. I helped him strip it and we found that the timing quadrant on the crank sprocket was a few teeth out. This explained why the valve train had an argument with the piston.
Fortunately I missed the train and went in the Morris Oxford and got to work on time. Once at work I was able to machine a new piston for Ricks bike and the engine was rebuilt. Anyway, he went onto race the bike and he changed his name to Jeff Duke (without the G)cos the Inrand Levenue were after him. I used to tighten his nuts n bolts after every race cos theres no balancer and loctite wasnt invented yet.
My first race was when 'Rick' or should I say Jeff went out on the Manx and beat the whole of the field with me sliding behind with me foot stuck in the primary chain. He didnt notice me yelling until he stalled the engine after the race. It left one hell of a skid mark.
Anyway, I got off to a good start with the racing from there and soon became King of Mammory (or was it Mallory...can never remember) and lived happily ever after (until last year when Ricks Manx chafed a cam).
The end. 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:56 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Thanks for the update...ZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZ 

By Prilliant on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:30 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

I don't think Crmc33 has been taking his medication.

Summer's here (well, sort of). We've all been too busy riding. Make hay while the sun shines and all that. 

By Singlesman on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:31 pm:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

I have a vague recollection of starting a race on my 640 Rotax and the f'ing thing still running when we crossed the finish line, having lost only a few minor parts on the way around. Or was that a dream? Oh the joy of racing singles. 

By Singlesman on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:41 pm:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

Hey, Crmc33, is the photo taken from that angle so we can't see where you've had to weld the crankcases back together several times, or haven't you started her yet?  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:04 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

crankcases still intact...
but not for long!

bang bang whos there? 

By Racerxlilbro on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:50 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

RE: cure for numb glands....

Marriage! 

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:54 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Maybe I got a little confused when the wife said she wanted me to buy a big vibrator 

By Daz on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 11:05 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Love the mod to the frame crmc...  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 11:46 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

which one? 

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 12:49 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

the pretty obvious one in the last shot.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 02:37 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

You mean the front t-piece? There are a lot of frame mods in reality.
Nice of Suzuki to cast the bosses in the front of the frame for an oil cooler as well wasnt it?

Have you still got the RGV? (Im allowed to talk about it on here cos it almost spelt the same as RSV)  

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 05:40 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

It's very impressive crmc. Poser!

No, sold it about a month ago. Got 33% more than what I paid for it so that's pretty good eh? 

By Diablo_Mille_R on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 05:43 am:  View Diablo_Mille_R's Profile Search for other posts by Diablo_Mille_R Edit this post

Was that bought for £3 and sold for £4 then? I presume you filled it with pertol first though as to not rip the buyer off?

j/k though, glad you sold it, I guess you need the money to pay for new crash bungs for the Fazer

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 06:03 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

Git! LOL! BTW got your email Rich, just didn't get chance to reply last night...

£250 profit so I'll let you work it out... I did fill it up actually!  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 06:12 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

you always know when youve been ripped off buying a bike when you check to see if theres more than the usual one litre in the tank and its actually full.

BTW the XBR isnt a posers bike as it looks like a minimoto with me on it.

Still, my piccys got a bit of interest and mite have woken up a few people before they got keyboard shaped marks on their faces.

Glad to be of help.
I'll get me coat again, Oh Im already wearing it. 

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 06:50 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

***Still, my piccys got a bit of interest and mite have woken up a few people before they got keyboard shaped marks on their faces.***

Don't worry, they fade. ...with time... 

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:48 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

OI!!! You lot! Wake up!

A horse goes into a pub and orders a beer.

The barman asks,
"Why the long face?"

By Daz on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 07:49 am:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

PS crmc could you post the pic of the ZXCVBNM/ that you sent me please - the one where it's on its stand OutSide... ta.

dazla 

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:46 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

what you mean the same XBR as above but taken outside when it had even less bits on it?

and you got it wrong....

Celine Dion goes into a pub and orders a beer.

The barman asks,
"Why the long face?"  

By Befbever on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:55 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Yeah, that one.

Our Prince Philip recently stated he would like a trip to outer space.
What a brilliant idea. I vote we shoot our whole monarchy into an orbit around Uranus.  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:32 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Sorry, heres the one you mean I think
what a shed

HTH 

By Zazutata on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:32 am:  View Zazutata's Profile Search for other posts by Zazutata Edit this post

Is that a Skoda in the background of that last shot?  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:57 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Shaw is a Skoda....and proud of it! I needed a car for jump starting the single. 

By Islefalco on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 12:08 pm:  View Islefalco's Profile Search for other posts by Islefalco Edit this post

Another Falco and Skoda owner!

I just assumed I was the only one.  

By Prilliant on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 12:42 pm:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

A bear walks into a pub and says "I'll have a pint of ermmmm.........ummmmm......ahhhhhh......ehhhhhhhh, a pint of Guinness."

The barman says "why the big pause?"

Sorry. It's been a long day!  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 02:15 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

***Celine Dion goes into a pub and orders a beer.

The barman asks,
"Why the long face?"*** ROFLMAO!

Why the big pause...Oy, you guys are KILLING ME! LOL!

BTW, FALCO and VW for me! ;) 

By Pyrus on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 08:54 pm:  View Pyrus's Profile Search for other posts by Pyrus Edit this post

'02 Falco and VW bus here. Love the falco.. just got it back this afternoon from it's 600 mile checkup. Mmmm... 113 all the way home.. feels good to get past 6k rpms finally... Too bad the bus can't keep up.... yet..  

By Crmc33 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:18 pm:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Celine Dion is an alien 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 10:41 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Heres the piccy you were after right Daz?
nearly finished XBR
Just the thing for the cobbled ex-army roads round here...not! 

By Daz on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:06 pm:  View Daz's Profile Search for other posts by Daz Edit this post

That's the fella! Gorgeous!!  

By Singlesman on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 12:54 pm:  View Singlesman's Profile Search for other posts by Singlesman Edit this post

It's a lovely looking bike, has it been raced yet? Does the single pipe work ? I know nothing about these things but everyone I used to be out with ran twin pipe systems and I assumed there must be a good reason for carrying the extra weight around, maybe not!  

By Crmc33 on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 12:14 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I dont know if the pipe works well or not. Ive done 25miles on the road on it but Im just running it in with the standard cam so things are pretty mild at the moment. The pipe is based on a megaphone design of something in between a manx Norton and Honda CB350 racer so should make decent power.
Of course, it sounds best without the silencer on.
It should be ready for some track day use next spring, altho itll probably be in Germany.
I built it just to make something that was different, enjoyable to ride in the twisties even though its never gonna have the sheer thrust of a big modern bike. I hope itll be a pretty timeless bike tho as well if I can keep it away from the armco. 

By Prilliant on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 02:52 am:  View Prilliant's Profile Search for other posts by Prilliant Edit this post

Nice one. That looks really good. There must be a lot of satisfaction in doing a project bike like that. Don't worry about the power, everyone knows it's the corners that separate the men from the boys. I remember well 2 years ago, riding my Gixer 600 on some local twisties. I was taking it easy-ish on the few straight bits but enjoying the bends. You can imagine my surprise when out of nowhere I was stuffed on the brakes into a left hander by a kid on an RS 125. That kid was a demon. The last time I met him he was racing a Yamaha FZR 400RR. Still bloody embarrasing.

Any how a mate recently got me thinking about a project bike. I have access to an unmarked NC30 frame and hopefully a running RD500 2 stroke V4 motor. Can you see where I'm heading here? These are the sort of ideas that end up costing a fortune.

Please tell me not to do it!!!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation