12 seconds....

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: 12 seconds....
By Twowheels78 on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 09:54 am:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

I was bidding on an Ohlins shock on EBay and got beat by 12 seconds The user that got it was ScottEQ, I'm guessing it's our very own ScottEQ. Hey Scott, I thought you already had an aftermarket shock? What are you going to do with another one? Oh well, congrats you got one hell of a deal. The next one's mine 

By Crmc33 on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 10:20 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Scotteqs gotta Mille shock and swing arm hasnt he? Maybe hes gonna put the Falco arm back on?? 

By Scotteq on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:27 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

Two wheels - Yeah - It was me. Couldn't install the Mille swinger until I got the Mille shock, you see... It seems that the Falco unit's vertically mounted reservoir would make contact on the upswing, so it had to be replaced in order to use the brand new swinger that's sitting in a box in my garage.

Tell you what - In order to be fair to all concerned, recognize a good sport, support a fellow Aprilian, and boost my points standing as a 'good' guy, I'll make you a small promise: I have an eMail into Ohlins about converting my Falco unit so it can be used in my girlfriend's Yamaha (She sleeps with me, after all... And don't you think of offering: She's soft, warm and wet in the appropriate places - You're hairy and smell bad! ). HOWEVER, if that turns out to be prohibitive (say, 2/3~3/4 the cost of a new Fox), I'll give you first shot at it. Price/delivery details to be determined offline - I have a PayPal account, so that end should be simple.

So you know exactly what it is - It's the Falco 46PRC (Preload, Rebound, Compression) and has a couple seasons on it. - I sent it off over the winter to have a length adjuster added and refresh the internals (new seals, oil, fresh gas charge etc). And have put around 5000 miles on it since then out of the Ohlins recommended 14,000 mile service interval. So now it's a PRCL, and is adjustable from the stock 315mm up to 321mm, which is where I have it set now. I still have a copy of the invoice showing the work done. The valving was most excellent for my usage (only occasional track use - none since the rebuild), so that's stock (a little less aggressive than Mille valving), and it's sprung for my 180 LBS with the rings set at around 1/4~1/3 the total available - So there's upward and downward adjustment there for you as well.

Scott  

By Twowheels78 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:27 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Hairy yes, stinky no. I mean come on, I did take a shower today Give me a little credit

Seriouslly, if you decide to sell it let me know, I'd be interested. My e-mail should be in my profile. 

By Twowheels78 on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:28 pm:  View Twowheels78's Profile Search for other posts by Twowheels78 Edit this post

Then again maybe not... you can e-mail me at bmosher@lsb.com 

By Scotteq on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 10:43 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

I'll eMail you either way.

Scott  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation