Anybody weigh their Falco?

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Falco SL1000: Anybody weigh their Falco?
By Rod on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 08:11 pm:  View Rod's Profile Search for other posts by Rod Edit this post

What does the Falco really weigh? I know the mfr claimed dry weight is 418lb, but have any of you actually weighed this bad boy, wet?  

By Racerxlilbro on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 06:52 am:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

You know, that's a great question. I've got the Rene high mount stainless, and now the airkit...and was wondering how much weight is saved over stock. I would imagine it's quite a bit. The stock airbox is quite a lump...and the stock cans reminded me of the old "hemi" mufflers that speed shops used to sell...HUGE! 

By Scotty on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 08:45 am:  View Scotty's Profile Search for other posts by Scotty Edit this post

<CRMC33 humour style on>

If you removed the engine just think of the huge weight saving over stock...

I'll get me coat....

<CRMC33 humour style off>

By Crmc33 on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 09:26 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Eh thats not such a daft idea!

Maybe not the whole engine, just the bits you dont need like the generator and starter motor and....

conrods 

By Baddyb94102 on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:58 am:  View Baddyb94102's Profile Search for other posts by Baddyb94102 Edit this post

As for me ... I filled the tank up with leaner gasoline and now my Falco weighs a full 75 POUNDS LIGHTER than it did before! Amazing!

Baddy 

By Scotteq on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 11:12 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

According to Motorcyclist magazine, the Falco weighs 485 lbs when full of fluids.

Scott  

By Racerxlilbro on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 01:50 pm:  View Racerxlilbro's Profile Search for other posts by Racerxlilbro Edit this post

Always the technician...eh, Scott! 

By Scotteq on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 07:38 am:  View Scotteq's Profile Search for other posts by Scotteq Edit this post

Naaah... I let other people do the work and merely spout their results Life's a lot easier that way!

How's the bike coming? Ohlins still have my legs...

Scott  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation