Power outputs.

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Power outputs.
By Mille_Vanille on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:35 pm:  View Mille_Vanille's Profile Search for other posts by Mille_Vanille Edit this post

Well, I pick up my '01 Mille next Saturday and cant blinkin wait!! (I sold my gixer 6 today and have signed the finance docs for the Mille so there is no turning back!!).

Interested to hear from those of you who have been in that never-ending pursuit of extra power etc. and the results of any dyno runs you have had.

I know that each dyno would give a different reading to another (my old TL1000S was tested and put out 122bhp with 76lb of torque - I know this can't be right but, for a moment, I did feel good!!) but I hear of power outputs ranging from 112bhp to 123bhp.

What has yours been recorded at?  

By Scottaride on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:14 am:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Good choice on the RSV. I also went from a TL1000s to an 01 RSV (New shape) and have never looked back.

After derestricting the bike by cutting the green ECU wire, removing the "extra" exhaust baffle and removing the airbox intake restrictor, I had it dyno'ed at 110 hp (SAE Hp). This was about normal. I cant recall the torque figure.

After adding a Renegade duel hi-mount slipon exhaust, a Evoluzione filter (for the 2000 model) and a home made version of the Evoluzione race kit airbox, it made 118 hp and 69.4 ftlbs torque. Not too bad, though it hadnt done many km and wasnt fully run in.

You'll love the RSV, it is a major step up from the TL. Good luck with it.  

By Mille_Vanille on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 10:42 pm:  View Mille_Vanille's Profile Search for other posts by Mille_Vanille Edit this post

Scott

Just realised who you are. We have chatted before, when I thought you still had the TL, you changed it and the next this I hear, you were ramming your mate up the twin exhausts on a ride!!

How ya doing.. weather still crap like it is here........ not!!?

Bought an akro slip on for the mille, will need to get 16T sprocket and airbox and then CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!

God I hate this country!!  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation