Sticky throttle fix

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Sticky throttle fix
By Geo on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 10:00 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

RSV owners make a note:the owners manual is WRONG.
It shows that both cables have an adjustment at the bars but only the pull cable does.
The return cable can be adjusted at the other end (under the gas tank).
I gave a little play and it stopped binding when the bars are turned right all the way.

I also put plastic spacers under the tank and raised it by some 8-10mm at the front.
This gave the room needed so the helibars no longer hit the tank and reduce the steering lock.
The way they were intended to be used they were too flat (dirt bike style) and too high for my taste. I rotated them back, I liked the angle better but they hit the tank...no more!
I'll see how it all works this weekend, but I doubt that I'll be able to find out if the "extra-air-volume" made a difference.  

By Geo on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 09:53 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Went for a short ride. Raising the tank solved 95%
of my problem with the steering lock.
As an aside I got the feeling that Rene's air kit was even louder than usual LOL! I'm glad I don't live in Europe, I'd never get away with the racket that I'm doing.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation