"the Angry Ant !!"

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : "the Angry Ant !!"
By Eddie on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 02:28 am:  View Eddie's Profile Search for other posts by Eddie Edit this post

Now I'm showing my age, Paul Lewis as above ex grand prix rider from the 80's is offering £20k to any body who can beat him in one lap of Mallory Park on wait for it .... a Harley Davidson electra glide apparently he says he has lapped Mallory on one in under 55 secs.Applicants can race him on any road legal standard road bike on road legal tyres , and must never have held a race licence.
I think its a hoax or PR job, or he's not dealing from a full deck, what do you think guys??? ( article about it in this weeks MCN )
And NO Ive not been drinking again !!

ED  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 02:47 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Is that with or without the bus-stop chicane?

Whatever, I know I wouldnt fancy my chances!  

By Benw on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 02:59 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

It's not a fake! He did the same thing, some 5 or so years ago, and he's upping the stakes. Remember though, you have to put £20,000 down too!

Oh well, I've held a race license...

B  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 03:55 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Ahh, on any road legal bike! That changes things somewhat.
Like you Benw, Ive not only 'held' a race license, I also owned one too!

Best time was 57secs on a 250 classic bike. But it wasnt road legal (by a long way!). I would have him on the Falco tho!

Oh yay!

Does it say that you race head to head? Or separate timed sessions? questions questions! 

By Benw on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:31 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

The race is head to head, both starting on cold tyres from the front row of the grid.

His thinking is that he doesn't care about cold tyres - he'll just let them break loose and ride it gp500 stylee!

I've had sub 54s on a ZXR400 that I used to race. 56.8s on an LC250.

B  

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 05:23 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

was that with or without that crappy bus-top? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation