New Aprillia looks like it will be the Laverda SFC1000

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : New Aprillia looks like it will be the Laverda SFC1000
By Jotaman on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:57 am:  View Jotaman's Profile Search for other posts by Jotaman Edit this post

MCN this week stated that next week they will have pictures of the new Laverda sfc1000..

So the pictures that were in last weeks paper could be wrong... I expect the 2004 Aprilia will the triple, and the v60 will be come the laverda range...

Could be good news... As i have an old 1980 Laverda Jota triple in the garage... keeps the Mille company...

Goto www.laverda.com ...

By Dave on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 04:58 am:  View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Edit this post

You have a Jota?

By Jotaman on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:13 am:  View Jotaman's Profile Search for other posts by Jotaman Edit this post

yep had it from new 1978 jota 180... in its day, nothing apart from duc 900ss could come close..

The mags say it didnt handle, but koni's on the back and the old pirelli phantoms, handled like a dream compared to the competition..
The clutch was as heavy as f*ck, but you could crack walnuts with yer left hand.
All the switch gear was Suzuki, clocks by Honda, electronics by bosh, stainless mudguards, alloy wheels.....

During its day it was the bollocks... 

By Crmc33 on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:27 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

does it have the porous cylinder head like my bruv's did?

I love em! Makes the Falco clutch lever action weedy by comparison. 

By Jotaman on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:38 am:  View Jotaman's Profile Search for other posts by Jotaman Edit this post

No it has a steel head cap inside the cylinder head...pinks like f*ck on normal petrol even LRP.

Check out www.laverda.com sfc1000 using mille engine... look cool though.. it comes with side panels/belly pan if you want it on the track etc..

The pictures in MCN last week wern't the new laverda....... so maybe they were the new mille 2004  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:45 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Dont buy that Mille yet Bef....

new laverda 

By Hansie on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 08:18 am:  View Hansie's Profile Search for other posts by Hansie Edit this post

Wow!
I like that one!
Think it over Bef.

Hansie
MMM , would the TNT system fit? 

By Geo on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:48 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Nothing to think about, that bike won't be out for months and it's going to be a limited production ($$$$$$$$$$$$$) for the first year or two or forever.......
Too bad it's really a lovely bike.  

By Benw on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:54 am:  View Benw's Profile Search for other posts by Benw Edit this post

looks like a falco frame and tank mixed in with an RSV rear end. Looks very tasty!  

By Tinkytot on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:57 am:  View Tinkytot's Profile Search for other posts by Tinkytot Edit this post

Wo - that is sweet. I was thinking the other day though that I could do with more wind protection, it was freezing cold and pissing down. At one point I think I would have even rather been in a car.

The screen on that thing looks tiny, I don't think it would ruin the look to have it a little bigger.

I'm going to buy one of those one day soon.  

By Myapriliarsv on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:37 pm:  View Myapriliarsv's Profile Search for other posts by Myapriliarsv Edit this post

where is the emotion for uncontrolable drooling?  

By Exdukenut on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 08:44 pm:  View Exdukenut's Profile Search for other posts by Exdukenut Edit this post

While it's georgous (yes Jim, where is that drooling emoticon, & although the rear tail section looks a bit poxy IMHO), I'll stick with my Falco R thanks. It's all I'll ever need now I have the RSVR front end, the Ohlins rear, the OZ Wheels (just picked them up from the seller),, the Brembo Cast Full Floaters, the TNT system & Airkit from Jorge, and the polished arm (soon to be on).

It shows you why the Falco wasn't developed further by Aprilia, it went to Laverda!

By Crmc33 on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 01:24 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Interesting that it uses one 57mm throttle body and one s-plug per cylinder. Will the hairkit fit, PM? 

By Geo on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:07 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

MCN posted today that both the special edition and the production model will go for sale "after the first of the year".
Fat chance of that, they may want take orders at the show but we're just days away from '03 and all they have is pix of a "work in progress" special edition.
I've taken the liberty to photoshop LED turn signals and a slight revision to the lower fairings:
revise Laverda 

By Befbever on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:59 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

I must say I like it!
That doesn't mean I'd buy it tho.
I like Bimota's too. Never had one.  

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation