PC111....before and after!!!

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : PC111....before and after!!!
By Scottaride on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:43 pm:  View Scottaride's Profile Search for other posts by Scottaride Edit this post

Well I have just returned from 11 days motorcycling in the South Island of New Zealand and have to say that it was bloody amazing. Almost 6000km on the best roads in the world and only one 30 minute splash of rain.

Anyway...on to the PC111 follow up. Should I keep the PC111 or give it back???

I had it installed just before I left (Including a custom map). There was only a 1 hp difference between the before and after dynos and the dyno curve was identical, but now 1 hp higher.

I was disappointed with the results but had to leave immediately for my trip and told them I'd talk to them about it on my return.

While on the trip I decided to disconnect the PC111 at the injectors, so as to see if I could feel any 'seat of the pants' difference. Well it was definitely better with the PC111 as it was a lot more responsive in the 3-5000rpm range, though top end didnt seem much different.

Here's my dilemma..... I never noticed a flat spot before the PC111 was installed and the bike also got a "Tune up" (by the same people) the day before the installation of the PC111, so Im wondering if the tune-up wasn�t so good and caused the flat spot, then the PC111 fixed the 'new' problem. Alternatively, maybe the flat spot was there beforehand and I didn�t notice it until after the PC111 highlighted it?

Buggered if I know.

Is it possible to tune out the 3-5000 flat spot without a PC111?

I have a new model RSV, Renegade duel hi-mount slip-ons, an Evo type race airbox and filter, SP Velocity stacks and the yr 2000 airbox intake.

Any thoughts? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation