Nokia phone radar detector

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Nokia phone radar detector
By Eddie on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 06:40 am:  View Eddie's Profile Search for other posts by Eddie Edit this post

a little off topic, but I wish I knew this a few months ago...

Nokia Speed Trap Detector
The settings for radar speed traps detector. Your Nokia cell phone can be programmed to pick up radar speed traps, when programmed your cell phone picks up the radar and alerts you on the message alert tone. ( Doesn't work with Nokia 7110! )

1. Enter your menu
2. Select settings
3. Select security settings
4. Select closed user group
5. Select on
6. Enter 00000
7. Press ok
8. Clear back to normal, within a few seconds your phone will display a radar sign with five zero's next to it. It is now activated.

Unfortunately only Nokia phones have this function. Cell info display needs to be de-activated. Settings -> Phone Settings -> Cell Info display Each time you turn off your phone, or even each time you loose contact with your carrier, you'll have to activate it again... It is done by steps 1 through 5, but the number (00000) will be already on the field as default.

ED  

By Geo on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 07:26 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Is it both X band and K band? How about laser then?
Sounds like an urban legend.
IMO of course.  

By Rca on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 03:07 am:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

A wealthy Nokia executive, Anssa Vanjoki, has the record for the most expensive speeding fine ever (Over $100,000 due to the means tested fine system employed in Finland). Either this Nokia speed detector doesn't work very well, or it was produced as a direct result of this fine when a pissed off Mr Vanjoki ordered his minions to develop such a feature, or as Geo says its an urban legend, probably dreamt up by someone in response to the massive fine that Mr Vanjoki received.  

By Richandall on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 08:16 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

How many times have you dialled your mobile to tell your current squeeze you haven't fallen off you're just enjoying yourself......and placed it to your....... helmet!!!!!!!!!***####@@@@$$%%££

Me? Always! 'Spose I need a handsfree and then I could hear the radar detector detecting too. If it does.
I'll try it tonite.

By Richandall on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:27 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

OK - set the phone up as above. The graphic display represents a cluster of three interconnected nodes followed by five zeroes. Good, so far.

Drove towards the only fixed speed camera in the Suffolk coastal area and bugger me if a strange whining sound didn't start when about 250 metres from the camera installation. Sounded like a distant aircraft turbine which faded away about fifty metres past the camera, but there was no doppler effect so we weren't moving quickly in relation to the source. My passenger heard it very clearly as well but couldn't locate any directional source, within the cabin or from the outside.

I made other passes, in each direction, but we heard nothing further. Was it environmental noise we heard on the first pass? It wasn't agricultural machinery. There's no airfield within ten miles of the speed camera. It's all somewhat puzzling.

All done in the interests of science, of course.

By Crmc33 on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 03:02 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

I think your wheel bearings gone 

By Richandall on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 09:00 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Maybe I did lose my bearings....or was it alien abduction?

I think we should be told.

By Eddie on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:06 pm:  View Eddie's Profile Search for other posts by Eddie Edit this post

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE !!!!

ED  

By Richandall on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 07:51 am:  View Richandall's Profile Search for other posts by Richandall Edit this post

Probably worth looking at this site disinformation and then this site information

By Crmc33 on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:30 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

can these phones also be used for telephone calls? 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation