Wish list for the 04

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Wish list for the 04
By Geo on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 08:53 am:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Being very happy with my "excellent but not perfect" 01 RSV I'd like to post my wish list to Santa Prilia in the hopes that he may hear me.

1- a shorter tank allowing ( but not forcing)the rider to move forward by at least 1" but more is better.
2- redesign the front of the tank and the head fairing to allow any number of adjustments at the bars.
3- move the pillion seat forward, it really upsets the balance of the bike to carry a pillion.
4- a lighter clutch (come on, that's easy!)
5- lower the seat (you guessed it I'm vertically challenged)

That's not too much to ask is it?

Now throw in adjustable bars and pegs, a lower price and a better warranty and I promise to be a very very good boy.........

What would you guys like to see changed for 04?  

By Nitroargi on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 09:38 am:  View Nitroargi's Profile Search for other posts by Nitroargi Edit this post

One thing...

I wish the '04 model will get the shape of the RS3........I am in love!!!  

By Hammertime on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:12 pm:  View Hammertime's Profile Search for other posts by Hammertime Edit this post

1 - Don't make it look like a Honda SP-2 (as pictures have been suggesting). YOU MUST keep the 'Three Eyes' look. Then blend that with the silouette of the RS Cube. Sorted.
2 - No 'Cannon' for an exhaust... If it has to weigh that much at least make it noisier!
3 - Swap Indicator and Horn switches. You're in danger of rivaling BMW for switchgear madness.
4 - Make the rear brake work for fack's sake... It's currently no more than a footswitch for making the rear lights brighter!
5 - A Fuel guage. Weird to have that function omitted from a dash can do practically everything...

6 - Oh yeah, and whatever that 'Geo' wanted as well.  

By Geo on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:41 pm:  View Geo's Profile Search for other posts by Geo Edit this post

Hu, the rear brake on my 01 works ok.
For the can the choices are toss away two medium ones or one big one, but either way they're not permited to be heard.
You got a good point about the fuel gauge missing from the digital display, nothing else does!
Finally you mean this bike has a horn??
I can't find it when I need it and when I find it I can't hear it anyway....please make it a big HOOOOOONK!  

By Rsmilly on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 09:29 am:  View Rsmilly's Profile Search for other posts by Rsmilly Edit this post

well wont be wishing for a 04 mille if those pictures are true, looks like the honda RCB (fireblade replacment)may be replacing my mille in 04 ,sad aint it had a aprilia now for 7 years (4 years rs250/3years rsvmille) 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation