Clutch Question

Aprilia RiderSite (Riders Site) - The independent & international community website for Aprilia motorcycle riders with chat, discussion forums and much more: Mille RSV1000 : Clutch Question
By Rca on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 01:04 pm:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

After 14,500 miles my clutch has started to slip like shit of a shovel (thats shit off a blanket in Daz speak). Anyway, I bought a Barnett Clutch to try, after taking the old clutch off I noticed the last steel (inner most one) has one tooth? about 5mm shorter than the others, the Barnett clutch kit doesn't have any steels like it and I can't see any reason for it being shorter. My fear is that it has snapped off and will mean further stripping to try and find it (it's nowhere to be seen in the clutch). Anyone else taken there clutch apart and found this odd tooth?  

By Befbever on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:19 am:  View Befbever's Profile Search for other posts by Befbever Edit this post

Not in the old clutch, but I have two steels my dealer altered and they're missing some teeth as well.
I think this happens when they make the steels and they don't bother throwing the chipped plates out.

Just MHO. 

By Rca on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 03:39 pm:  View Rca's Profile Search for other posts by Rca Edit this post

Thanks Bef,

Looking closer it really doesn't look as though it has fatigued and snapped. But it seems odd that it was just the one plate, and the only plate to overheat and turn blue.

Russell  

By Crmc33 on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 02:57 am:  View Crmc33's Profile Search for other posts by Crmc33 Edit this post

Those pesky Italians will do anything to save weight

...apparently the 2004 Mille has open top pistons 

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:

< <  back to previous page

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation